Health Information Management Job Opportunities
Health information management (HIM) professionals at Norton Healthcare are valuable assets supporting all of Norton Healthcare’s hospital and medical office staff and patients.
Positions within pharmacy at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical coding
At Norton Healthcare, tasks a health information management professional may be responsible for include:
- Assign patients to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) using appropriate computer software.
- Process patient admission or discharge documents.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Retrieve patients’ medical records for physicians, technicians or other medical personnel.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Health information management position requirements
Education: Associate degree
Credentials: RHIA or RHIT – Must obtain registered health information administrator (RHIA) or registered health information technician (RHIT) credential within six months of hire.
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story