Health Information Management Job Opportunities
Health information management (HIM) professionals at Norton Healthcare are valuable assets supporting all of Norton Healthcare’s hospital and medical office staff and patients.
Positions within pharmacy at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical coding
At Norton Healthcare, tasks a health information management professional may be responsible for include:
- Assign patients to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) using appropriate computer software.
- Process patient admission or discharge documents.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Retrieve patients’ medical records for physicians, technicians or other medical personnel.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Health information management position requirements
Education: Associate degree
Credentials: RHIA or RHIT – Must obtain registered health information administrator (RHIA) or registered health information technician (RHIT) credential within six months of hire.
With reconstructed knee, Louisville goalie returns to the pitch with confidence and plans for college
Soccer is a big part of Gregory “Trey” Murphy’s life. Trey is a goalie, and he plays on both a high school team and a travel team. Soccer came to a sudden and painful halt […]Read Full Story
Parts of southern and western Louisville were hit particularly hard by the flu last season, according to diagnoses and testing by Norton Healthcare providers — suggesting people in these areas should be especially mindful of [...]Read Full Story
Letitia Walter wasn’t going to let an overactive bladder get the best of her. When she began to need an unusual number of trips to the bathroom both day and night, she didn’t wait to […]Read Full Story