Health Information Management Job Opportunities
Health information management (HIM) professionals at Norton Healthcare are valuable assets supporting all of Norton Healthcare’s hospital and medical office staff and patients.
Positions within pharmacy at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical coding
At Norton Healthcare, tasks a health information management professional may be responsible for include:
- Assign patients to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) using appropriate computer software.
- Process patient admission or discharge documents.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Retrieve patients’ medical records for physicians, technicians or other medical personnel.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Health information management position requirements
Education: Associate degree
Credentials: RHIA or RHIT – Must obtain registered health information administrator (RHIA) or registered health information technician (RHIT) credential within six months of hire.
Larry King’s weekend in Louisville was in full swing. He and his wife, Paula, were enjoying it with family and friends. The mid-July Friday and Saturday included a 5-mile walk and a relaxing evening with […]Read Full Story
People can mistake an aneurysm for a migraine headache, delaying care and possibly leading to significant harm. It is important to learn the differences and what to do when warning signs of an aneurysm are [...]Read Full Story
Louisville Cardinals football players will turn to Scotty R. Newcomer, D.O., for treatment and injury prevention
Norton Sports Health is adding physicians to its staff to care for the Louisville Cardinals dealing with the unique strains sports can put on the body. Scotty Newcomer, D.O., sports medicine physician with Norton Orthopedic [...]Read Full Story