Health Information Management Job Opportunities
Health information management (HIM) professionals at Norton Healthcare are valuable assets supporting all of Norton Healthcare’s hospital and medical office staff and patients.
Positions within pharmacy at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical coding
At Norton Healthcare, tasks a health information management professional may be responsible for include:
- Assign patients to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) using appropriate computer software.
- Process patient admission or discharge documents.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Retrieve patients’ medical records for physicians, technicians or other medical personnel.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
Health information management position requirements
Education: Associate degree
Credentials: RHIA or RHIT – Must obtain registered health information administrator (RHIA) or registered health information technician (RHIT) credential within six months of hire.
Renato V. LaRocca, M.D., values the opportunity to be at the forefront of brain cancer research. As a neuro-oncologist and cancer medicine specialist with Norton Cancer Institute, Dr. LaRocca has treated many cases of glioblastoma. […]Read Full Story
With COVID-19 weakening her body, Hannah Jones, 24, was at risk of a heart attack. She was placed on a ventilator so she could breathe. It was very possible she would die. Two days after […]Read Full Story
Like many cancer patients, Misty Aubrey’s calendar is filled with appointments. She meets regularly with her oncologist, behavioral oncologist and neurologist. To be safer during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, she stopped meeting her […]Read Full Story