Affiliation with Ohio County Healthcare provides convenience, access to more patient services
The governing board and administration of Ohio County Healthcare, located in Hartford, Kentucky, and Norton Healthcare in Louisville have announced that the two health care organizations have entered into a formal affiliation agreement to expand access to care for several key specialty physician services.
“Norton Healthcare has various levels of affiliate agreements in areas of pediatrics, oncology and acute care services,” said Michael Esposito, system vice president and chief network development officer for Norton Healthcare. “We are pleased to partner with Ohio County Healthcare in improving health care across the region through enhanced access to clinical resources, continuing education programs and increased specialty physician support.”
The new agreement features these key elements for Ohio County Healthcare and its patients:
- Increased access to specialty physician services through telemedicine technology to diagnose and treat patients on-site at Ohio County Healthcare using tools such as videoconferencing equipment and digital stethoscopes.
- Use of the Norton Healthcare Access Center — (888) 4-U-NORTON — which serves as a single call point for patients, families and physicians to connect with specialists and services available through the Norton Healthcare system.
- Resources and expertise associated with Norton Children’s Hospital, Norton Cancer Institute, Norton Neuroscience Institute and Norton Heart Care.
- Full access for Ohio County Healthcare medical providers and staff to the extensive training, education and management development services provided by Norton University. These include more than 500 free, accredited online staff development courses in several different clinical and leadership areas.
“The goal of this collaboration is to enhance convenient, close-to-home specialty care while retaining local ownership under the guidance of local leaders,” said Blaine Pieper, CEO of Ohio County Healthcare. “Patients at Ohio County Healthcare will discover increased access to prevention, detection and treatment services from Norton Healthcare physician specialists in pulmonology, neurology, hematology/oncology, infectious diseases and pediatrics through various outlets both onsite within our community, through advanced telemedicine options and through multidisciplinary, physician-to-physician consultation.”
“This will expand Ohio County Healthcare’s existing programs and services and improve access to care locally for patients,” Esposito said. “The leadership of Norton Healthcare is delighted to have Ohio County Healthcare as a new partner. This is another demonstration of our not-for-profit mission to improve the health status of the communities we serve.”
This affiliation is similar to the other affiliate agreements Norton Healthcare has established throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Affiliate hospitals include:
- Breckinridge Memorial Hospital, Hardinsburg, Kentucky
- Carroll County Memorial Hospital, Carrollton, Kentucky
- Harrison County Hospital, Corydon, Indiana
- Spring View Hospital, Lebanon, Kentucky
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center, Leitchfield, Kentucky
Norton Healthcare has also partnered with Lifepoint Health to establish the Regional Health Network of Kentucky and Southern Indiana, which has affiliation agreements with:
- Clark Memorial Hospital, Jeffersonville, Indiana
- Scott Memorial Hospital, Scottsburg, Indiana
About Ohio County Healthcare
Ohio County Healthcare, which operates under the legal name of Ohio County Hospital Corp., is a nonprofit health care system that provides a wide range of The Joint Commission-accredited hospital, primary care and specialty physician services. Patient care services can be accessed at any of 10 locations: Ohio County Hospital, Ohio County Family Care – Hartford & Beaver Dam, QuickCare Clinic, Ohio County Specialty Care – Hartford & Owensboro, Ohio County Pain Care, Butler County Family Care and Fordsville Area Medical Clinic. Ohio County Healthcare’s specialty areas consist of behavioral health, cardiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, gynecology, primary care, orthopaedic, pain management and urology. Over 400 employees — including 30 physicians and nurse practitioners — are committed to improving the health of the community and surrounding areas by caring, serving and educating patients on their individual health needs. For more information, visit OhioCountyHospital.com.
About Norton Healthcare
For 130 years, Norton Healthcare’s faith heritage has guided its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leader in serving adult and pediatric patients throughout Greater Louisville, Southern Indiana, the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. The hospital and health care system is the Louisville area’s third largest private employer, providing care at 225 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 licensed beds; seven outpatient centers; 13 Norton Immediate Care Centers; more than 13,000 employees; more than 800 employed medical providers; and approximately 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. In 2016 Norton Healthcare was named by Healthiest Employers as the seventh healthiest place to work in the country. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com.