Try this recipe!
Pan-seared trout with salsa
- 4 plum tomatoes
- ½ onion, chopped
- 12 pitted Kalamata or black olives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese with basil and tomatoes
Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and cover until ready to serve.
- 6 6-ounce trout fillets (or char, striped bass or salmon)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Lemon slices for garnish
Season trout fillets with salt and pepper, then heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet on medium high, adding three fillets at a time. Cook skin side down 1 to 2 minutes, peeling off the skin when it is turned and cooking for two minutes longer. Cook until the fish is able to be flaked with a fork. Repeat with the other three fillets. Top the fillets with salsa and serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 6 servings; 311 calories; 16g fat; 37 g protein; 5g carbohydrates
For a complete dish, serve with Spanish rice.