Norton Healthcare Direct Mission
The mission of Norton Healthcare Direct is to improve the health and well-being of our members, through collaboration with providers and by developing and implementing solutions for improving cost and quality across the care continuum.
Why Choose Norton Healthcare Direct?
We all want to be healthy and have a well workforce. Offering your employees important preventive medical care and health education not only reduces costly medical claims but is shown to boost employee morale and retention.
As an employer working with Norton Healthcare, you can design a health insurance solution that meets the specific needs of your unique workforce and allows you to control costs, coordinate care and improve health care satisfaction — while supporting employee wellness.
Because we have such a broad and comprehensive network, Norton Healthcare is uniquely positioned to offer a solution to address the health care needs of your workforce. As the health care marketplace transitions from volume to value, direct contracting arrangements create an opportunity for employers and health care providers to work together to achieve affordable, quality health care that’s easy to use.
Norton Healthcare Direct allows self-insured employers to contract directly with our network of providers and facilities. We develop payment model options aimed at reducing health care expenditures and enhancing quality of care. Direct contracting arrangements embody the belief that “health care is local” and can serve to build valuable bonds between health providers and local businesses. They also create an opportunity to showcase our providers’ ability to control costs, coordinate care and improve patient satisfaction in ways that cannot be done by large insurers.
What’s in It for Your Organization?
- Care coordination: Norton Healthcare Direct will connect your employees to providers throughout the Norton Healthcare system to enhance care and improve outcomes.
- Designated navigators: Health care advocates are available to provide high-touch services to assist your organization and employees in making informed care decisions.
- Improved patient satisfaction: Our patient-centered approach focuses on communication and creates an experience that is respectful of, and responsive to, your employees’ preferences, needs and values.
- Reduced administrative costs: Simplified billing processes are paid directly to the provider network. Our goal is total cost transparency while reducing health care expenditures and enhancing quality of care.
- Population health management: We engage patients with access to system and community resources and empower patients to take ownership of their health to achieve the best possible health outcomes.
- Transition of care pharmacist: A staff pharmacist provides continuity of medication management to patients as they move from inpatient hospital settings to home or other care
- Patient-centered medical home: Each patient’s treatment is coordinated through their primary care provider to ensure they receive the necessary care when and where they need it, in a manner they can understand.
What Makes Us Unique?
Care That’s Easy to Find
- Navigate same-day care options for illness, injuries, well visits, physicals, vaccines and more.
- Locate a hospital, practice location, Norton Immediate Care Center or Norton Prompt Care at Walgreens clinic near you.
- Schedule a video visit or eVisit with a Norton eCare provider, or a telehealth appointment with the patient’s primary care physician or specialist.
- Use MyNortonChart, which offers convenient and secure online access to portions of the patient’s electronic medical record any time, day or night. View lab results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills, view immunizations and allergies, and communicate with a provider. Visit NortonHealthcare.com/MyNortonChart for additional information.
Manage Your Health
Norton Healthcare Direct members have access to a variety of benefits. The following services are available through the Norton Healthcare mobile app:
- Keep track of what you’re eating and drinking.
- Log your weight and sleep cycles or sync with your Apple Health app for seamless management of your health.
- Browse health news topics.
- Access Norton Healthcare provider profiles and credentials.
- Schedule an appointment online with a Norton Healthcare provider.
- Save provider information to your personal contacts.
- View location contact information, including hours of operation.
- Locate a department, patient room or amenity inside our hospitals with step-by-step navigation.
Norton Healthcare is recognized consistently as a leading health care provider by several organizations. These recognitions and awards are a testament to our commitment to the patients and communities we serve. Recent recognitions include:
- In spring 2021, for the fourth consecutive period, the Leapfrog Group awarded each of Norton Healthcare’s four adult-service hospitals an “A” Hospital Safety Grade. This national distinction recognizes each facility’s achievements in protecting patients from errors, injuries, accidents and infections.
- All adult-service hospitals won American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines awards for stroke care.
- We are the only Kentucky recipient of the Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association.
- For the second year in a row, with the support from our employee wellness program called N Good Health, we received an honorable mention in the C. Everett Koop National Health Awards.
- We are certified by the Healthcare Financial Management Association as an adopter of its Patient Financial Communications Best Practices.
- Norton Healthcare’s five hospitals and Norton Cancer Institute have been named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation with a top score of 100 for three years in a row.
- For two years in a row, we have been ranked seventh nationally — and the highest in Kentucky — among large organizations (5,000-plus U.S. employees) on the Best Places to Work in IT list by IDG Insider Pro and Computerworld.
Our organizational vision is founded on the principle of setting the standard for quality and caring, and we hold ourselves accountable for the care we provide.
Let us help you get control over the quality and rising costs of health care benefits. We invite you to contract directly with Norton Healthcare to partner in delivering high-quality, cost-effective care to your workforce.
Norton Healthcare Direct