Provider ratings at Norton Healthcare
Finding the right provider can be difficult. How do you know you can trust ratings you see online? Norton Healthcare is committed to making it easy for to you find the right provider, with ratings you can trust.
Health care consumers considering a provider at Norton Healthcare have access to the system’s patient satisfaction scores. The rankings are based on more than 30 returned patient surveys in a 12 month rolling period that evaluate providers on seven questions.
About our survey
Norton Healthcare measures all aspects of patient satisfaction. We partner with Press Ganey Associates to hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards. Press Ganey is a leading provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for health care organizations across the country.
Press Ganey works with more than 26,000 health care facilities, including over 60 percent of all U.S. hospitals, to help reduce patient suffering and improve the quality, safety and experience of care.
Who receives the survey?
The electronic medical practice survey is emailed to Norton Healthcare patients within a few days of their appointment. Patients take a 34-question survey and provide feedback about specific aspects of care. We use this feedback to improve the clinic experience. Our goal is for each patient to experience outstanding care. Each year we hear back from roughly 65,000 patients who receive care in our outpatient centers.
How is a physician’s patient satisfaction star rating created?
Star ratings are based from patient responses to seven questions about care from their physician.
- Did the physician explain things in a way that was easy to understand?
- Did the physician listen carefully to you?
- Did the physician give you easy to understand information about your health questions or concerns?
- Did the physician seem to know important information about your medical history?
- Did the physician show respect for what you had to say?
- Did the physician spend enough time with you?
- Using any number from 0 to 10, what number would you use to rate this provider?
For each physician, ratings from their patients are averaged together to form a single star rating.