Safe Sitter class offered during winter break
The Marshall Women’s Health & Education Center is offering its popular Safe Sitter classes during the winter break.
Adolescents ages 11 to 13 will learn how to handle emergencies when caring for younger children.
Safe Sitters learn:
- Facts about child development
- Tips on safety for the sitter
- First aid
- Choking prevention and information
- Baby-sitting business skills
- How to entertain children and keep them safe
To successfully complete the Safe Sitter Class, participants must pass practical and written tests to show they have mastered the key concepts and have acquired the skills necessary to handle an emergency. The cost of the daylong class is $40, which includes a backpack and materials. A pizza lunch, drinks and snacks will be provided.