Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center
Improving your lifestyle habits is a key way to lower your risk of heart disease. Diet, physical activity, smoking, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure, total cholesterol and blood glucose all can play a role in your cardiovascular health.
The specialists at Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center provide men and women of all ages with information, support and access to resources. Our goal is to help reduce cardiovascular disease risk across Louisville and Southern Indiana.
By combining the resources of Norton Heart & Vascular Institute, Marshall Women’s Health & Education Center and our community partners, we provide a variety of services for communities. Many are free.
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers classes about once a week on a broad range of heart health topics.
- WomenHeart support program – Louisville’s only partner with WomenHeart’s national resources and trained local volunteers
- Heartstrings – Free consultations for women who have experienced pre-eclampsia, pregnancy-induced high blood pressure, gestational diabetes or have delivered a baby small for gestational age
- Tai chi for heart health – Free tai chi classes, which can help with stress management, anxiety and depression, high blood pressure and other ailments
- A-fib education workshops
- Heart Healthy lifestyle consultations at Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center – Include evaluations of BMI, blood pressure, waist circumference and lifestyle factors
- Heart and vascular screenings – Vascular disease and stroke screenings, calcium scoring and other diagnostics performed at Norton Healthcare facilities.
- Learning to live fully with heart failure – Open to all heart failure patients with a doctor’s referral
- Cardiac rehabilitation – Certified cardiac rehab program offering up to 36 monitored exercise sessions held three times per week
- Pulmonary rehabilitation – Certified pulmonary rehab program offering up to 36 monitored exercise sessions held up to three days per week
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
Becker’s Healthcare has recognized Adam D. Kempf, Norton Healthcare senior vice president and chief financial officer, as one of the 106 hospital and health system CFOs to know in the nation. Those on the list play an integral […]Read Full Story
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story