WomenHeart at Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Louisville and Southern Indiana’s only WomenHeart health care system
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women in America.
The signs of heart disease in women can be subtle and are often misdiagnosed or undertreated.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the only Louisville and Southern Indiana cardiovascular program that is a member of the WomenHeart National Hospital Alliance. In 2017, we conducted 13 classes with 177 participants through WomenHeart.
Three female heart attack sufferers surprised at the lack of support founded WomenHeart in 1999. It remains the nation’s only patient-centered advocacy organization for female heart-attack victims.
WomenHeart has raised awareness and transformed the lack of knowledge about women’s heart disease into a rallying call to save lives.
Through our WomenHeart program, women living with heart disease or at risk of cardiovascular disease can access support such as:
- Monthly WomenHeart support group: The group meets on the first Wednesday of each month (except for July) from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Each of these free sessions covers a different topic designed to educate women so they can take charge of their heart health. Register now
- Red Bags of Courage: This patient outreach program connects women with a heart condition to support, access to resources and a WomenHeart champion.
- Heart Scarves patient support program: This program provides a hand-made red scarf with a note offering comfort, support and encouragement to a woman with heart disease in a Norton Healthcare facility.
- WomenHeart Champions: WomenHeart has trained more than 850 WomenHeart Champions nationwide. These women have heart disease and are passionate about helping others by providing peer-to-peer support and access to resources and information for women learning to live with heart disease. Seven champions are active volunteers at Norton Healthcare.
Connect with a WomenHeart Champion: (502) 899-6961
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story