Norton Heart & Vascular Institute’s Comprehensive Cardiology Services
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of comprehensive cardiology care in Kentucky, Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our providers, who handled more than 4,000 heart cases in 2017, have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
Our specialists provide comprehensive cardiology care in close collaboration with other specialists throughout Norton Healthcare.
Our board-certified cardiologists have the skill and sophisticated tools to make a precise diagnosis that will guide a customized treatment plan tailored to your condition and needs.
Cardiology Expertise Close to Home
Our team of cardiologists includes specialists in interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure and electrophysiology. The heart specialists work with cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons and other specialists to make sure each patient has access to the best care available.
Norton Heart Specialists is a team of more than 37 heart doctors and additional advanced-level providers. Our highly trained cardiologists and other specialists provide a full spectrum of cardiology care.
Our cardiology practices have more than a dozen locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. That means we can provide convenient diagnosis, treatment and long-term follow-up for a wide variety of cardiovascular conditions.
Our cardiologists are at the forefront of the latest heart treatments. If your condition requires surgery, our interventional cardiologists have expertise in minimally invasive procedures using the latest equipment that can have you home sooner and feeling more like yourself.
Our specialists have been able to replace the need for open-heart surgery in many cases with minimally invasive procedures. There are conditions, such as heart valve disorders, where an open-heart procedure may be the best option for you. Norton Cardiothoracic Surgery works closely with your cardiologist to create a long-term care plan following surgical repair.
Heart and Vascular Care for the Whole Person
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers patient resources to support you and your family, including free classes for men and women of all ages seeking to improve cardiovascular health or living with a heart condition.
Our cardiac rehabilitation providers are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques that can help you recover and resume your life.
The group provides education and support to men and women after a heart attack, living with a heart condition or at risk for cardiovascular disease.
Prevention is the best way to manage heart disease, and screenings are available to detect early signs of cardiac and vascular disease and identify risk factors.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers classes about once a week on a broad range of heart health topics including cooking classes, atrial fibrillation (A-fib) and heart failure education workshops, and more.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more people for heart and vascular care — about 250,000 every year — than any other provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Norton Healthcare’s four adult-service hospitals are American College of Cardiology accredited Cycle VI Chest Pain Centers — the highest level of expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in Kentucky.
- Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association for being an innovator in creating a system of care for ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) heart attacks — the most severe type of heart attack.