Louisville’s Interventional Cardiology Leader
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of comprehensive lifesaving, minimally invasive heart procedures in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our board-certified and fellowship-trained interventional cardiologists treat people of all ages who have serious, sometimes life-threatening, cardiac conditions. We provide care for conditions as common as a bout of chest pain (angina), as well as more serious conditions such as heart attack (myocardial infarction) or an ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), the most severe form of a heart attack with a complete blockage in the heart.
Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association.
Learn more about our award winning regional STEMI network that provides care for patients across Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
Why Norton Heart & Vascular Institute for Your Care?
- Our experience, extensive training and state-of-the-art equipment mean we have the ability to deliver unsurpassed heart care that gets you back to your life quickly.
- Our interventional cardiologists are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques to restore blood flow to the heart, using the latest in catheters and other minimally invasive technologies that often do not require an overnight stay.
- Our team is dedicated to providing the latest treatment options focused on improving your quality of life. We remain at the forefront of the latest medical advancements and regularly rank high in key quality indicators.
- Our team performs more than 1,500 percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures a year to open a narrowed coronary artery, implant a stent, remove a blood clot or assess blood flow in the heart using catheter-based diagnostics.
- All four Norton Healthcare adult-service hospitals are recognized by the American College of Cardiology as designated Cycle VI Chest Pain Centers, having the highest level of expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- When needed, our team collaborates with Norton Heart & Vascular Institute cardiothoracic surgeons to provide surgical care, including heart bypass and valve replacement or repair.
- Our team carries on a history of innovation that includes the world’s second artificial heart transplant in 1984 at Norton Audubon Hospital.
Heart and Vascular Care for the Whole Person
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers patient resources to support you and your family, including free classes for men and women of all ages seeking to improve cardiovascular health or living with a heart condition.
Our cardiac rehabilitation providers are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques that can help you recover and resume your life.
The group provides education and support to men and women after a heart attack, living with a heart condition or at risk for cardiovascular disease.
Prevention is the best way to manage heart disease, and screenings are available to detect early signs of cardiac and vascular disease and identify risk factors.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers classes about once a week on a broad range of heart health topics including cooking classes, atrial fibrillation (A-fib) and heart failure education workshops, and more.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more people for heart and vascular care — about 250,000 every year — than any other provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Norton Healthcare’s four adult-service hospitals are American College of Cardiology accredited Cycle VI Chest Pain Centers — the highest level of expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in Kentucky.
- Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association for being an innovator in creating a system of care for ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) heart attacks — the most severe type of heart attack.