Questions to ask when choosing a provider for your pregnancy
One of the first steps in your pregnancy journey is finding the right obstetric practitioner. Norton Healthcare is committed to providing the resources you need to make this and other important decisions, helping to ensure you have a healthy and stress-free pregnancy.
It’s crucial to find a qualified and compassionate caregiver who will meet your unique needs. Whether you’re seeking care from an obstetrician-gynecologist (OB/GYN) or midwife, below are some sample questions you may want to ask prospective providers before making a decision.
- What is your philosophy of childbirth?
- How long have you been practicing?
- Who attends births for you when you are away?
- What are your thoughts on pain relief during labor?
- Do you support natural childbirth?
- Do you support moving around during labor and changing positions?
- Are you open to the use of a labor tub?
- How often will I see you during these next months?
- When and why might you recommend inducing labor?
- In what situations might you recommend a C-section?
- How do you feel about the use of doulas?
- What is your protocol for the birth of twins and breech births?
Find a Norton Healthcare OB/GYN or midwife
Norton Healthcare OB/GYNs deliver more babies in Louisville and Southern Indiana than any other provider. Our expertise and personalized care are just two reasons so many parents choose to deliver at Norton Healthcare.
Norton Healthcare’s midwifery practice provides comprehensive, family-centered maternity care from the first prenatal visit through labor and delivery, and after the birth of your baby.
74-year-old Rodger First started having trouble getting around, he assumed it was just a part of getting older. For months, he struggled on uneven surfaces. “I remember falling three or four times one day,” Rodger […]Read Full Story
Germs, viruses and bacteria are back in school too. And they’re coming home which means their sick day could potentially turn into your sick day. Here are some of the more common illnesses that kids […]Read Full Story
Donating to Bike to Beat Cancer continues a cycle of hope for your parent, spouse, partner, sibling, friend or loved one as we pedal one step closer to beating cancer. Because of donations to Bike […]Read Full Story
There’s a new treatment option for patients in Louisville with medically-refractory epilepsy. Louisville’s first patient to get deep brain stimulation for epilepsy — a patient treated at Norton Neuroscience Institute — now has an implanted […]Read Full Story
The lineup for the 2019 Neuroscience Expo features sessions with neurological experts and others on a range of topics from specific conditions to financial considerations. The Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, event at the Kentucky International […]Read Full Story