Knee pain and knee replacement
Louisville’s destination for knee pain and knee pain care
Norton Orthopedic Institute is the leading provider of knee and other orthopedic care in the Louisville area. Our more than 80 providers, including board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic physicians, are innovators in new techniques that can get you moving faster and with less pain.
Treatment options range from physical therapy and medication to surgical repairs to partial or total knee replacement. Our skilled providers will listen to you and use their experience to recommend the best solution.
Expertise that gets you back to your life
We care for thousands of people with knee conditions every year. That means our providers have the commitment and experience to give you a precise diagnosis and get you moving again with less pain and fewer complications.
In fact, more than 85 percent of our joint replacement patients are up and walking within four hours of the procedure.
Norton Orthopedic Institute’s high level of care has merited the Gold Seal of Approval for knee and hip replacement from The Joint Commission — a top nationwide accreditation organization.
Depending on your condition, the extent of any arthritis and your health history, your provider may recommend a partial knee replacement or a total knee replacement.
In a partial knee replacement, the surgeon removes either the inside (medial) or outside (lateral) compartments of the knee joint. The surgeon then replaces it with artificial parts.
In a total knee replacement, the surgeon will replace the ends of the femur and tibia with metal and plastic pieces. The surgeon may place a plastic button on the back of the kneecap to replace worn-out cartilage.
Your insurance company may require you to try physical therapy and injections before any surgery.
Care that’s focused on you
- Minimally invasive procedures can have you home quickly with less pain and faster recovery.
- Sophisticated pain management aims to keep you comfortable and safe.
- We have a deep commitment to getting you moving again and managing your pain so you can keep up with your physical therapy.
- Norton Joint Camp is a chance for you to learn about what to expect if you’re having knee surgery. You’ll get help preparing yourself and your home for your recovery. You’ll learn ways to minimize pain and recover faster.
- With 30 orthopedic locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana, we have specialists near you.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
About Norton Orthopedic Institute
Norton Orthopedic Institute has more orthopedic specialists caring for more patients than any other health care provider in Louisville or Southern Indiana.
- We have more than 80 providers, including board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons at 30 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- We offer same-day appointments.
- We have sports medicine specialists who understand the stresses on an athlete’s body and have the expertise to provide the right treatment for your injury.
- Our providers are pioneers in innovative orthopedic surgeries focused on minimizing pain and recovery time.
- Our physicians and advanced practice providers pinpoint your diagnosis, offer the right care and get you moving again.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story