Louisville’s Destination for Knee Pain and Knee Pain Care
Norton Orthopedic Institute is the leading provider of knee and other orthopedic care in the Louisville area. Our more than 80 providers, including board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic physicians, are innovators in new techniques that can get you moving faster and with less pain.
Treatment options range from physical therapy and medication to surgical repairs to partial or total knee replacement. Our skilled providers will listen to you and use their experience to recommend the best solution.
Expertise That Gets You Back Your Life
We care for thousands of people with knee conditions every year. That means our providers have the commitment and experience to give you a precise diagnosis and get you moving again with less pain and fewer complications.
In fact, more than 85 percent of our joint replacement patients are up and walking within four hours of the procedure.
Depending on your condition, the extent of any arthritis and your health history, your provider may recommend a partial knee replacement or a total knee replacement.
In a partial knee replacement, the surgeon removes either the inside (medial) or outside (lateral) compartments of the knee joint. The surgeon then replaces it with artificial parts.
In a total knee replacement, the surgeon will replace the ends of the femur and tibia with metal and plastic pieces. The surgeon may place a plastic button on the back of the kneecap to replace worn-out cartilage.
Your insurance company may require you to try physical therapy and injections before any surgery.
Care That’s Focused on You
- Minimally invasive procedures can have you home quickly with less pain and faster recovery.
- Sophisticated pain management aims to keep you comfortable and safe.
- We have a deep commitment to getting you moving again and managing your pain so you can keep up with your physical therapy.
- Norton Joint Camp is a chance for you to learn about what to expect if you’re having knee surgery. You’ll get help preparing yourself and your home for your recovery. You’ll learn ways to minimize pain and recover faster.
- With 30 orthopedic locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana, we have specialists near you.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.