Runners’ injury clinics
Because injuries may occur during training, Norton Sports Health provides a Runners’ Injury Clinic that is available twice monthly during the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon and Marathon training season.
A sports medicine physician, an athletic trainer or physical therapist, and support staff will be on hand to help diagnose and treat your injury. We highly recommend making an appointment to be certain we are able to see you.
Get the care you need to stay running
Through the Norton Sports Health team approach to treatment, patients have access to a variety of care and support. Patients can expect to work with various professionals throughout their treatment journey, including athletic trainers, physical therapists, and nutritionists.
If you have questions, call Norton Orthopedic Institute – St. Matthews at (502) 559-1400.
Most insurance plans are accepted. Verify with your insurance provider that a referral is not required.
About Norton Sports Health
No matter what type of athlete you are, Norton Sports Health can provide the care you need. From high school to professional, from older adults to weekend warriors, we prevent sports-related injuries and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
- Norton Sports Health specialists are trained and experienced in caring for sports-related injuries and conditions.
- Our team includes orthopedists, neurologists, primary care physicians, professional athletic trainers and physical therapists.
- Our providers work together to provide advanced care for athletes and individuals of all ages.
- We design customized programs that meet your specific needs and help get you back to your active lifestyle.
- Our sports health specialists serve as medical directors for the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon/Marathon.
- We provide athletic trainers to high schools and colleges in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story