Our employees are why Norton Healthcare is one of the region’s most trusted names in health care. That’s why we do everything we can to reward you and keep you fulfilled in your career.
We are committed to providing comprehensive and competitive benefits as part of your total compensation package. These benefits are designed to assist you and your family in meeting financial burdens that can result from illness, injury or death, as well as help you plan for retirement and enhance your personal financial security.
Norton Healthcare provides up to four weeks of 100 percent paid parental leave for employees who are expanding their families. This includes birth mothers and fathers, and adoptive parents, regardless of sexual orientation.
Time off benefits (FlexTime)
Norton Healthcare has designed FlexTime to provide you with as much flexibility as possible when you need paid time off. Use FlexTime to enjoy a vacation, celebrate a holiday when your work location is closed, or take some personal time or an occasional sick day.
FlexTime is earned based on the number of hours paid (up to 80 hours per biweekly pay period) and how many years of service you have completed. You will receive 24 hours front-loaded if you are a new employee or eight hours if you have been rehired within one year.
Norton Healthcare will match up to 4 percent of your contribution on each paycheck, with an additional match of up to 2 percent based on your years of service if financial goals are exceeded.
Employer Assisted Housing Program
Several options are available to assist employees who are statused to work a minimum of 32 (.4 FTE) hours per pay period to become first-time homebuyers:
- Homebuyer education and counseling: Employees who complete this receive a $5,000 forgivable loan.
- Habitat for Humanity: Buying a Habitat home may be an option for eligible employees.
Davis Vision offers two plan options. The Plus plan offers free frames at all Visionworks locations, a one-time $200 laser vision correction allowance and up to eight boxes of eligible contact lenses for free.
Norton Healthcare employees are eligible for thousands of local and national discounts through our employee discount program.
Norton Healthcare offers spending accounts to help you save for health care and dependent care expenses.
Life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
Norton Healthcare provides a variety of affordable life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance options.
The AD&D portion of the plan provides benefits in the case of death or severe injury due to an accident.
- Eligible employees automatically receive basic life and AD&D insurance. Coverage is equal to your annual base salary as of the enrollment date and adjusts with each salary change.
- Norton Healthcare provides the option for you to purchase supplemental life and AD&D insurance. Coverage is available from one to four times your base annual salary and adjusts with each salary change.
- You also have the option to purchase spouse life and AD&D insurance, child life insurance and whole life insurance.
If you are unable to work due to illness or injury, disability insurance provides partial income replacement.
- Norton Healthcare automatically enrolls you in employee-paid short-term disability coverage equal to 75 percent of your base salary. You may choose to waive this additional coverage and its cost.
- Norton Healthcare automatically provides eligible employees with basic long-term disability insurance equal to 50 percent of base salary. Norton Healthcare also automatically enrolls you in employee-paid additional long-term disability coverage equal to 60 percent of your base salary. You may choose to waive this additional coverage and its costs.
More than 20 additional benefits options
- Accident insurance
- Auto and homeowners insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Hospital indemnity insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Pet insurance
- Whole life insurance
- Employee copay for Norton eCare visits
- Employee discounts (Norton Concierge Services)
- Hear in America hearing plans
- Norton Pharmacy locations
- Outpatient services discounts
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Driven Solutions (roadside assistance)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Purchase Program
- Employer Assisted Housing Program (for first-time homebuyers)
- Parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Identity and credit protection
- Legal plan
- U.S. Treasury securities
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story