To keep our patients and team members safe, we now have a no-visitor policy with few exceptions until further notice. This is a proactive measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All Norton Healthcare hospitals, doctors’ offices and medical centers are following this policy.
Some exceptions include:
- In-person discharge instructions for inpatients or urgent/ emergency procedures (one visitor)
- Patients who are physically or cognitively impaired (one visitor)
- Patients at the end of life (two visitors)
- Pediatric patients,* including NICU (two visitors)
- Pediatric patients* who are pending or positive for COVID-19 (one visitor). The visitor must not have COVID-19.
- Maternity patients: One partner and one birth support person if applicable ( e.g. doula)
*Pediatric patients are children ages 17 and younger.
Clergy: We welcome clergy for patients in palliative care, emergency care and hospice care.
Important information for all visitors
- When visiting, we ask all guests to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds when entering and leaving patient rooms.
- All visitors will be screened upon entering the hospital. Those with fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, body aches or respiratory symptoms should stay home.
- Any visitor granted an exception must stay in the patient’s room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient’s room, they must leave the hospital.
Doctors’ offices and outpatient medical centers
- Adult patients cannot be accompanied into their appointment.
- If a patient needs additional support, they should let their provider know prior to their appointment.
- All patients will complete a health screening prior to their appointment.
- Pediatric patients can have one parent or guardian in the exam room.
Elective surgeries and outpatient appointments
- We are limiting surgeries to urgent and emergency situations.
- Outpatient appointments may be done via Norton eCare video visit or over the phone, or they may be rescheduled.
- Your provider’s office will contact you if there is a change to your scheduled appointment, surgery or procedure.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please contact your provider if you have any questions.
For more information about COVID-19, visit the Kentucky Department for Public Health’s website at KYCOVID19.KY.gov.