Join the Kohl’s High Five Challenge for family fun and a chance to win prizes
Looking for some family fun? How about family fun that gets you moving and teaches kids about health and safety? Better yet, what if your family could win a prize for sticking to healthy habits?
Join the children’s hospital as we challenge families to a fun and interactive contest designed to help kids (and grownups, too) learn behaviors to stay safe and healthy.
Sponsored by Kohl’s and the Children’s Hospital Foundation Office of Child Advocacy, the Kohl’s High Five Challenge centers on five practices:
1. Wash your hands – Washing hands is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of infection and illness. It’s easy to do and takes less than a minute!
2. Buckle up – Everyone in the family needs to be properly restrained when in a vehicle no matter what your age, how far you’re going or how fast the vehicle is traveling.
3. Wear a helmet – Helmets can reduce the risk of severe brain injuries by 88 percent, yet only 45 percent of children age 14 and younger regularly wear a bike helmet. Anyone in the family riding a bike needs to wear a helmet — even grandma!
4. Eat right and stay active – To stay healthy and fit, families should follow the 5-2-1-0 rule every day: 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, 2 hours or less of screen time, 1 hour or more of physical activity and 0 sugar-sweetened beverages.
5. Be safe, be seen – Know the rules of pedestrian safety and how to remain visible to drivers at all times.
When you sign up for the challenge, you will receive an email each month with helpful tips on a variety of topics, an activity to complete with your family and instructions on how to participate in the monthly contest.
Your participation qualifies your family to be entered into a monthly prize drawing valued at $50! Winners will be chosen randomly. During the challenge, some of our favorite friends will be joining us to learn the Kohl’s High 5healthy habits: “Hand Washing” Hannah, “Booster Seat” Brody, “Eat Right” Emily, “Pedestrian Safety” Penny and “Helmet Wearing” Harry!
Your family will meet our friends through online videos available through the monthly email.