Norton Healthcare’s employee wellness program, N Good Health, recently received a Platinum Award at the 2020 Worksite Wellness Council of Louisville’s virtual conference
Norton Healthcare’s employee wellness program, N Good Health, recently received a Platinum Award from the Worksite Wellness Council of Louisville, a Mayor’s Healthy Hometown partner.
This is the seventh year N Good Health received a Worksite Wellness Award.
The awards are based on a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention scorecard that assigns points for key areas such as tobacco control, physical activity, chronic disease management and stress management.
N Good Health offers programming that aligns with these areas, including:
- Tobacco cessation
- In the Kitchen with N Good Health
- Real Food and You online nutrition workshop
- Step challenges
- Weight loss challenges
- Y @ Work on-site fitness centers
In addition, N Good Health won the Worksite Wellness Council of Louisville’s Workplace Agility Award for its work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Norton Healthcare employee benefits
Benefits are designed to assist employees and their families meet financial burdens that can result from illness, injury or death, as well as help plan for retirement and enhance personal financial security.
Among the highlights of pandemic-related wellness activities:
- Daily workouts from partners like the YMCA of Greater Louisville, Planet Fitness and Norton Sports Performance were shared with employees to help them stay active.
- In partnership with the learning and development and pastoral care departments, an employee emotional support team launched a program to deliver inspirational and supportive text messages.
- Chalk art on the sidewalks of facilities provided uplifting pictures and messages as front-line employees entered and exited.
- Teams stuffed and delivered over 1,200 packages with massage rollers and other wellness swag for employees on the front lines of COVID-19 as well as those behind the scenes supporting our caregivers.
- Pertinent and timely information on Norton Healthcare’s intranet covered topics such as emotional well-being, fitness, nutrition and fun things to do inside or outside the house while quarantining or practicing social distancing.