Programs help hundreds go back to school and advance their careers.
Nearly 500 Norton Healthcare employees were recognized on Feb. 12, 2018, for furthering their education at a ceremony sponsored by the Norton Healthcare Office of Workforce Development and Norton University.
The celebration honored employees who completed the following educational programs in 2017:
- Elevating First-Line Employees: 21 employees
- School at Work: 19 employees
- Professional certifications: 30 employees
- Associate degrees: 78 employees
- Bachelor’s degrees: 241 employees, including 26 who were part of the Student Nurse Apprentice Program
- Master’s degrees: 60 employees
- Post-master’s degree certificates: 5 employees
- Doctoral degrees: 38 employees
“Growth through learning, education and career development is a defining characteristic of Norton Healthcare,” said Al Cornish, system vice president of learning and organizational development, and chief learning officer, Norton Healthcare.
Norton Healthcare offers employees a number of ways to advance their education and careers, including:
- Assistance to attend school and grow their careers through coaching, financial support and career assistance from the organization’s Office of Workforce Development
- Leadership, staff and personal development through Norton University programs