Story by: Kathy Campbell on May 16, 2018
Recipients honored as part of Nurses Week 2018 celebration
In celebration of National Nurses Week, May 14 to 18, Norton Healthcare has recognized 10 extraordinary nurses for exceptional service with its “Nurse of the Year” award. The awards were presented May 14 at a luncheon honoring the finest of its 4,000 nursing staff members.
“Receiving this honor is such a gift,” said award-recipient Cara Lowery, R.N., an emergency department nurse with Norton Children’s Hospital. “I absolutely love being a nurse, and representing Norton Children’s Hospital as Nurse of the Year is an indescribable experience. I plan to always be a resource for patients, families, and fellow nurses, and I hope to hold the title with grace.”
Throughout the year, Norton Healthcare nurses strive for an even higher standard of excellence. Their ongoing professional evolution is to learn more, reach for more and incorporate new practices.
• Savitha Joseph, R.N., Norton Audubon Hospital
• Linda Hamilton, R.N., Norton Brownsboro Hospital
• Cara Lowery, R.N., Norton Children’s Hospital
• Richard Higdon, R.N., Norton Hospital
• Kate Prewitt, R.N., Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital
• Dorothy Dant, R.N., Norton Cancer Institute
• Alexis Broaddus, R.N., Norton Children’s Medical Center – Brownsboro
• Karen Dries, R.N., Norton Clinical Agency
• Marilyn McNeill, R.N., Norton Faith & Health Ministries
• Theresa Smith, R.N., Norton Medical Group
Select an appointment date and time from available spots listed below.