Follow these steps to make sure you’re ready for a safe, secure, virtual visit with your health care provider.
If you’re new to telehealth, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered.
Here are 5 tips for a smooth telehealth appointment
- Prepare as you would for a normal visit. Have a list of what you’d like to discuss with your provider. Think through the best way to describe any symptoms.
- Be prepared to take your own temperature and heart rate. If you have a thermometer or a smartwatch, that will help. Otherwise your provider can walk you through taking your own pulse.
- Use a private, well-lit room. If your provider needs to conduct a physical exam during a telehealth visit, they’ll need to see you well. Have a flashlight handy to highlight any particular trouble areas.
- Make sure everything is working well. Do you have a strong internet connection? Do the microphone and speaker on your computer or phone work? Is the camera working? If you’ve successfully done any teleconferencing for work or with friends, you should be in good shape.
- If you are using Norton Telehealth, take a few minutes to review the best ways to connect.