At Norton Healthcare, we’re committed to providing convenient options for you to seek the same quality care from our providers, from the comfort of home or wherever you are. In addition to in-office visits, Norton Healthcare is now offering virtual care so you can get the care you need from your Norton Healthcare provider without having to leave home.
Simply call your provider’s office to determine if a telehealth appointment is appropriate for your needs or access Norton eCare for minor illnesses. Norton Telehealth is available for current patients and qualifying new patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a telehealth appointment?
Telehealth appointments allow patients to meet with a provider face to face through a secure online video connection via smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer.
How do I schedule a telehealth appointment?
Your provider’s office will schedule the appointment for you or your child.
To be eligible for a telehealth appointment, you must:
- Be in Kentucky or Indiana at the time of your video visit and use a Kentucky or Indiana pharmacy to fill your prescription.
- Have a MyNortonChart account.
- Have proxy access to your child’s MyNortonChart account, if the visit is for your child.
How much does a telehealth appointment cost?
Telehealth appointments are covered by most insurance, similar to an office visit. Self-pay options also are available.
What is the difference between my scheduled telehealth appointment and a Norton eCare video visit?
These telehealth appointments are not self-scheduled. Your provider’s office scheduled this visit for you as an alternative to coming into the office during the COVID-19 outbreak. Norton eCare offers video visits and eVisits that are self-scheduled for minor illnesses or concerns only for patients 2 and older, with Norton Healthcare providers you may or may not have seen before.
How do I access telehealth appointments scheduled for my dependent?
You must have a MyNortonChart account and proxy access to your dependent’s MyNortonChart account. To request proxy access, log in to your MyNortonChart account from your laptop or computer and go to the “Profile” tab. Select “Request access to a minor’s record” near the bottom of the screen. Enter the required information about your dependent and click “Submit Request.” Your request will go to Norton Healthcare’s medical records department.
Allow one full business day for proxy access to be granted. You will receive notification in your MyNortonChart inbox when the request is fulfilled. Once you have proxy access, you will be able to select your child’s profile and access your scheduled visit.
How do I prepare for my telehealth appointment?
First, be sure to create a MyNortonChart account at NortonHealthcare.com/MyNortonChart, or download the MyChart app on your mobile device.
To ensure a smooth connection, complete the following tasks well in advance of your appointment:
From a computer
- Make sure you have a webcam set It can be a webcam that’s built into a computer or a separate USB webcam.
- Make sure you’re connecting with Internet Explorer 11 or newer.
- Make sure you’ve installed Adobe Flash Player with the most recent updates.
From a mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
- Download the MyChart app from the iTunes App Store or Android Market. Select Norton Healthcare/Norton Children’s from the list of You must be within the MyChart app on a smartphone or tablet, not on your web browser.
- Make sure your mobile device settings allow the MyChart App to access the speaker and camera for sound and video.
- For the best connection, close your other applications.
After you’ve done these things, you should test that everything is working. Complete this test at least 10 minutes before your appointment start time.
- Log in to the MyChart app on your mobile device or your MyNortonChart account on your computer using your MyNortonChart username and password.
- Select Appointments, then select your upcoming appointment to test your connection and complete eCheck-in. If the visit is for your dependent, be sure that you have proxy access and select their profile before selecting appointments.
- When you are ready, select Begin Visit up to 10 minutes prior to your visit time to connect with your provider. The provider will join the visit after you begin. Do not be alarmed if you wait a few moments for your provider to connect. The provider will call you if you are unable to join the visit.
What are the technical requirements or equipment needs for a telehealth appointment?
A telehealth appointment requires a computer with a webcam or a mobile device with the MyChart app.
Where can I go for additional support?
If you are having technical issues and are unable to connect at the appointed time, you will receive a phone call from your provider. Scheduling questions may be directed to your provider’s office. For more information about MyNortonChart, click here.
What if I have questions after my telehealth appointment?
If you have questions about your telehealth appointment, you can send a secure message to your provider through MyNortonChart. If your symptoms don’t go away or worsen, call your Norton Healthcare provider. If your symptoms become severe, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
I am having computer issues.
Google Chrome 71 is not supported. You must have Internet Explorer 11 or newer. Make sure you’ve installed Adobe Flash Player with the most recent updates. Telehealth appointments will not function on Apple MAC or Samsung devices. If you are unable to connect using one device, use another if available (PC, mobile device and/or tablet).
I am having camera or microphone issues.
If you are on a computer, make sure you have a webcam set up. It can be a webcam that’s part of a laptop or a separate USB webcam. If you are unable to see yourself, this is most likely an issue with your camera. Check all connections on your camera. If you are on a mobile device or tablet, you must be within the MyChart app and not on your web browser. Make sure your mobile device settings allow the MyChart app to access the speaker and camera for sound and video by visiting Settings on your mobile device.
I cannot connect to the appointment.
Connect and disconnect your video feed to reboot. If you are on a mobile device, ensure you’ve closed other applications and restart your device if you need be to reboot.
My video quality is poor or not showing.
Switch from Wi-Fi to Data for better video quality. If you are on your phone or tablet, go to settings and allow the MyChart app to access your camera.
I am having trouble updating Adobe.
If you are on a mobile device, ensure that you are using the MyChart app and your web browser to connect. You must go to the App store and download the MyChart app (red folder with white heart).
I cannot find the MyChart app on my iPad.
Search “MyChart iPhone app.”