Norton Cancer Institute – Brownsboro
Norton Cancer Institute is a regional leader in cancer prevention, treatment, research and survivorship.
In addition to our current, state-of-the-art therapies, Norton Cancer Institute provides a gateway to National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored cancer clinical research trials, offering promising new options. Combined with Norton Cancer Institute’s suite of support services and resources, you and your loved ones will find everything you need to feel empowered through the journey.
Norton Cancer Institute – Brownsboro offers radiation oncology, medical oncology and infusion therapy in one convenient location. Other specialties will include hematology, neuro-oncology, and surgical oncology.
Design and technology features that sets Norton Cancer Institute – Brownsboro apart include:
- Streamlined registration and preregistration through the use of electronic registration and self-check-in kiosks.
- Curved main corridors and strategic use of colors, textures and materials to facilitate wayfinding.
- The combined use of natural daylight and 100 percent LED lighting to support a more natural, less clinical feel.
- White noise and music in key locations, along with special ceiling tiles and recycled denim insulation to dampen noise and enhance acoustics.
- Improved efficiency through the use of collaborative care “team rooms” and infusion rooms designed as pods around centrally located nursing stations.
- Amenities such as personal technology charging stations, central nourishment stations, wireless internet access, a meditation room, healing garden and bistro.
- Integrated technology throughout along with a premanufactured, adaptable wall and millwork system that serves as a flexible backbone so future changes can be implemented as needed with minimal cost and disruption.
This growth is made possible by generous donors to the Norton Healthcare Foundation.
Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers
Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers provide patients and families with the latest information on cancer treatments and support services. Patients and families receive personal attention to address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and caregivers before, during and after cancer treatment.
For a list of upcoming classes, view the Calendar of Hope.
Norton Cancer Institute – Brownsboro
4955 Norton Healthcare Blvd.
Louisville, KY 40241
Radiation Oncology: (502) 394-6410
Cancer Resource Center: (502) 394-6415
Brownsboro Clinic: (502) 394-6350
Brownsboro Infusion: (502) 394-6315
If you or someone you’re with is experience stroke or heart attack symptoms, call 911 right away. Paramedics can start delivering lifesaving treatment as soon as they arrive. If you are ill or are with [...]Read Full Story
Embarrassed to talk to your doctor? Here are some topics patients avoid talking about and tips on speaking up to your physician. The most under-discussed topics in an exam room include: Mental health concerns Hair […]Read Full Story
On Feb. 23, 2022, Norton Healthcare announced its plans to build West Louisville’s first newly constructed hospital in more than 150 years. Louisville’s largest health care system is partnering with Goodwill Industries of Kentucky to […]Read Full Story
For many women, it may be difficult to relax during a pelvic exam, but it can be a traumatizing experience for survivors of sexual abuse. Although a pelvic exam can help screen for various gynecological […]Read Full Story
It’s hard to believe the world has struggled with the COVID-19 virus and its variants for over two years now. From quarantine to vaccines, to isolation and upheaval, it’s no wonder we just don’t feel […]Read Full Story