In addition to providing quality chest pain and stroke care, Norton Hospital emergency department is part of the area’s leading maternity care provider. A pedway conveniently connects Norton Hospital’s labor and delivery department with Norton Children’s Hospital, home to the area’s only Level IV neonatal intensive care unit.
- Norton Hospital holds the region’s highest accreditation from the American College of Cardiology as a Chest Pain Center.
- Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association for innovating a system of care for the most severe type of heart attack.
- Norton Hospital was recognized with the American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines Silver Plus Award for stroke treatment, with a Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll designation for consistency of best practices of diabetes care for patients.
- Norton Hospital emergency department is located near the hospital’s main entrance at 200 E. Chestnut St., Louisville, Kentucky.
- Norton Hospital is one of the largest spine centers in the nation, providing expertise and specialized care for patients with spinal cord conditions and injuries.