From breast milk analysis to lactation consulting to breast pumps and pillows, moms and their families have a single stop for breastfeeding needs.
Just in time for National Breastfeeding Month, Baby Bistro & Boutique is marking its fifth anniversary of providing advice, supplies and support to breastfeeding moms.
Moms and their families can buy and rent breast pumps and parts, breastfeeding bras, breastfeeding pillows and many other breastfeeding supplies. Mothers also can make an appointment with a lactation consultant for one-on-one assistance with any issues they’re having breastfeeding.
To ensure safe access to breastfeeding supplies and lactation consulting services during the coronavirus outbreak, we have modified our operations at Baby Bistro & Boutique on the Norton Healthcare – St. Matthews campus. Now you can prepay for your items over the phone with your credit card and wait in your vehicle outside the store, and we will bring them out to you. To rent a hospital-grade breast pump, call (502) 899-6530. Baby Bistro & Boutique is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
What makes Baby Bistro & Boutique special
- Convenient one-stop shopping for breast pumps and parts, breastfeeding bras, nursing pillows and many other items that make life easier for breastfeeding moms
- Certified lactation consultant available by appointment to answer questions and teach new moms to use breast-pumping equipment
- Breastfeeding services, including individual counseling, breast milk analysis to determine fat and calorie content, and follow-up for infants having trouble gaining weight
- Services for moms with special needs, such as feeding multiples, hearing impairment, vision impairment or needing interpreter services
- Services for babies with special needs
Baby Bistro & Boutique
Outpatient lactation services for moms and babies who need extra help
Here’s what you need to know about making an appointment with our certified lactation consultant:
- You will need to request from your physician an appointment to see the lactation consultant to address any issues you may be having with breastfeeding.
- Arrive with your baby 15 minutes before your appointment to register.
- From Dutchmans Lane, take Entrance 3 to Norton Healthcare – St. Matthews campus.
- Pull up to the doors marked Labor and Delivery (Norton Medical Plaza 3 – St. Matthews).
- Enter and proceed straight ahead to the elevators.
- Take an elevator to the second floor to the Labor and Delivery waiting room.
- Register for a lactation services (breastfeeding) visit at the Labor and Delivery registration desk.
- Return to the first floor and follow the signs to the Baby Bistro & Boutique. It will be on your right off the elevator and past the information desk.
- Enter and tell the clerk that you have an appointment for lactation services.
- If the Baby Bistro & Boutique is closed, call (502) 559-1733 and wait by the information desk.