Proxy access allows parents, guardians or caregivers to review medical records
Don’t you wish sometimes things could slow down? Our lives keep getting busier and busier, especially when it comes to being a parent, guardian or caregiver of an aging relative. Working, taking the kids to activities, getting dinner on the table, then spending quality time together can be exhausting. Factor in keeping all of your loved ones healthy — luckily, technology is making it easier.
MyNortonChart offers access for parents, guardians or caregivers to keep up with your child’s or loved one’s medical records. Proxy access allows you to schedule appointments with Norton Healthcare providers and specialists, pay a bill, communicate with providers by sending messages, request prescription refills, check on health history and coordinate other health-related information.
MyNortonChart is fast, free, easy and convenient. Use the secure online account from any computer with internet access or through a mobile app.
If you already have a MyNortonChart account, here’s how to request proxy access for your loved one:
For parents or guardians wanting access to their child’s account:
- Log in to your MyNortonChart account.
- Once logged in to MyNortonChart, choose the Settings icon at the top of the home page. Select Personalize from the drop-down menu.
- Select Request access to a minor’s record.
- Fill in all the details on the form. Our health information management department will use the information to approve your request.
For guardians or caregivers wanting access to their loved one’s records, your loved one must request you have access:
- Have your loved one log in to their MyNortonChart account.
- Choose the Settings icon at the top of the home page. Select Personalize from the drop-down menu.
- Select Grant an adult access to your record.
- Fill in all the details on the form. Our health information management department will use the information to approve the request.
What happens next?
- Once approved, the medical records will appear on the Personalize page under the section called Whose records can I view?
- On the home page of the newly upgraded MyNortonChart, look for icons that identify each person’s record. From there, you can customize the view, and select a photo and color for each person whose medical record you have permission to access.