Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon training
The Norton Sports Health Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon/Marathon Training Program prepares runners and walkers for the festival’s annual minimarathon and marathon. The free 15-week program offers training tips and weekly group runs for participants of all levels of experience.
Care you can rely on during training
If you experience injuries or concerns while training, you have access to preferential appointment services with our Norton Sports Health team. To take advantage of this service, call (502) 559-5500 and mention promo code “KDF Training.” Our staff will work to get you an appointment with a sports health specialist as soon as possible.
Norton Sports Health also offers injury clinics throughout the year. Runners’ Injury Clinics aim to address the needs of runners. These clinics are staffed with orthopedic specialists, neurologists and athletic trainers. The clinics provide access to a full range of diagnostic tools.
No matter your activity level – we can help
Norton Sports Health features a team of highly trained sports medicine specialists, including orthopedic surgeons, nonsurgical orthopedic specialists, neurologists, physiatrists and a sports psychologist. These specialists work together with sports nutritionists, athletic trainers, physical therapists, nurses and other care providers to design customized programs that help athletes of all ages return to optimal performance following a sports-related injury.
About Norton Sports Health
No matter what type of athlete you are, Norton Sports Health can provide the care you need. From high school to professional, from older adults to weekend warriors, we prevent sports-related injuries and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
- Norton Sports Health specialists are trained and experienced in caring for sports-related injuries and conditions.
- Our team includes orthopedists, neurologists, primary care physicians, professional athletic trainers and physical therapists.
- Our providers work together to provide advanced care for athletes and individuals of all ages.
- We design customized programs that meet your specific needs and help get you back to your active lifestyle.
- Our sports health specialists serve as medical directors for the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon/Marathon.
- We provide athletic trainers to high schools and colleges in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story