Medical office job opportunities
Medical office professionals are a valuable asset to our Norton Medical Group offices and patients.
Positions within Norton Medical Group offices at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical assistant
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
- Office staff
Typical day for a medical assistant at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a medical assistant include:
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, test results and other pertinent information in Epic, our electronic medical records system.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
Typical day for an LPN at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for an LPN include:
- Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients’ charts.
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Answer patients’ calls and determine how to assist them.
Contact us to set-up career coaching opportunities for this career field.
- Education: Certificate in medical assisting
- Credentials: Certified medical assistant
- One year of experience as a medical assistant OR completion of a medial assistance education program
- Education: Diploma in nursing
- Credentials: Licensed practical nurse
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story