Student Nurse Apprenticeship Program
Norton Healthcare’s Student Nurse Apprenticeship Program (SNAP) is a three-tiered culture, clinical, confidence model of intentional investment in student nurses. SNAP is a paid apprenticeship providing elevated educational and clinical experiences.
- The first prelicensure nursing apprenticeship program in the United States
- A model of intentional investing in student nurses through three tiers: culture, clinical and confidence
- A paid apprenticeship providing elevated educational and clinical experiences for 12 to 18 months in preparation for a registered nurse role after graduation
Students will engage in hands-on clinical learning, increase confidence by combining education with clinical practice and become acclimated to our Norton Healthcare culture. SNAP reinforces nursing education and patient safety, awareness of the professional nurse role, and an appreciation of organizational structures and operations within a leading health care setting.
We welcome student nurses who are in their junior year of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program or have completed one term in an Associate of Science in Nursing program. If selected for the apprenticeship, the student may elect to participate in one of many specialty areas in one of our five hospitals.
SNAP is designed for top student nurses who have a desire to be the best and gain the skills and confidence needed to deliver quality patient care — and be paid for it!
How to Apply
SNAP enrollment begins in the spring semester of junior year in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program or completion of one term in an Associate of Science in Nursing program.
Submit the following information:
- Transcript from an accredited nursing program
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support provider card
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing faculty members. If currently employed in a health care setting, one letter must be from the employer.
- Personal statement: Why did you choose nursing as a profession? What are your goals for graduation? How does enrolling in SNAP assist you in accomplishing those goals?
To discuss this opportunity, contact SNAP@nortonhealthcare.org.
Online Informational Sessions
Learn more about SNAP during an informational session via Zoom webinar. Participate by clicking a link below for the time you would like to attend.
Norton Healthcare opens cutting-edge laboratory providing increased efficiency, quality and turnaround times, benefiting medical providers and patients
Norton Healthcare recently opened its relocated and expanded CPA Lab, a division of Norton Healthcare. Located in 46,000 square feet of space at the former Hikes Point Kmart site at 2935 Breckenridge Lane, the new […]Read Full Story
I never thought it would pick me. Until it did. The elusive COVID-19 sneaked up on me like a killer in a horror movie, slowly tore apart my body, devoured my soul and left me […]Read Full Story
In anticipation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration emergency use authorization for a COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 12 to 15, Norton Children’s has opened vaccine preregistration for children ages 12 and up on […]Read Full Story