Rehabilitation services job opportunities
Rehabilitation services professionals at Norton Healthcare are a valuable asset to our hospital teams, medical offices and patients.
Positions within rehabilitation services at Norton Healthcare include:
- Physical therapist assistant
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech pathologist
A typical day for a physical therapist assistant at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a physical therapist assistant include:
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercises or functional activities.
- Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on their responses and progress, and provide results to physical therapist in person or through progress notes.
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying or coordinating treatment.
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises; therapeutic massage; aquatic physical therapy; or heat, light, sound or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Measure patients’ range of joint motion, body parts or vital signs to determine effects of treatments or for evaluations.
A typical day for a physical therapist at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a physical therapist include:
- Plan, prepare or carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify issues and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
A typical day for an occupational therapist at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for an occupational therapist include:
- Complete and maintain necessary records.
- Test and evaluate patients’ physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
- Train caregivers how to provide for the needs of patients during and after therapy.
A typical day for a speech pathologist at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a speech pathologist include:
- Monitor patients’ progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Develop or implement treatment plans for stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders, inappropriate pitch, harsh voice or other issues based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists or social workers.
- Write reports and maintain proper documentation of information, such as client Medicaid or billing records, caseload activities, including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress and discharge of clients.
Contact us to set-up career coaching opportunities for this career field.
Physical therapist assistant
Education: Associate degree in physical therapy
Credentials: Physical therapist assistant
Education: Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy
Credentials: Physical therapist
Education: Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy
Credentials: Occupational therapist (state)
Education: Master’s degree in speech therapy or speech pathology
- Certified speech language pathology (national)
- Speech language pathology (state)
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story