Expertise in all aspects of spine care
Norton Neuroscience Institute’s spine specialists are trained in all aspects of spine care. They have expertise in caring for all parts of the body affected by spine conditions, including the bone, ligaments, discs, spinal cord and nerves.
Our team of spine surgeons are board certified neurosurgeons with multiple years of training and expertise in treatment of all forms of spinal pathology.
Surgical and nonsurgical treatment options for spinal conditions
We offer a holistic approach to spine care, beginning with advanced testing and customizing a treatment plan for each patient. Spine conditions often can be treated without surgery, so we start with the least invasive approach to care.
Treatments may include physical therapy and pain management. Minimally invasive surgery, spinal cared stimulator (SCS) or traditional spine surgery also may be options when other treatments do not work.
Spine conditions we treat
The spine specialists at Norton Neuroscience Institute provide advanced surgical and nonsurgical options for a full range of conditions:
- Cervical degenerative disorders
- Cervical disc herniation and radiculopathy
- Cervical spinal stenosis and myelopathy
- Chronic back pain
- Failed back syndrome
- Lumbar degenerative disorders
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Neck pain
- Spinal cord tumors
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine trauma
- Spine tumor
- Spine vascular malformations
Louisville’s leader in neurological care
More patients from Louisville and Southern Indiana seek care from Norton Neuroscience Institute’s nationally recognized neurologists and neurosurgeons than any other neuroscience provider in the area.
- We have more than 60 medical, surgical and research specialists dedicated to providing innovative care for brain, spine and nervous system conditions.
- We use advanced minimally invasive neurosurgery equipment that can speed recovery and minimize pain.
- Our multidisciplinary clinics offer easy access to specialists in oncology, cardiology, orthopedics and behavioral health.
- Norton Healthcare has the largest network of accredited stroke centers in the area:
- Norton Brownsboro Hospital is a designated Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association — offering the highest level of care.
- Norton Audubon Hospital and Norton Hospital are designated Primary Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital is a Joint Commission Acute Stroke Ready Hospital.
- Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center navigators help educate patients and their families about new diagnoses, available treatments and managing their disease.
- We are nationally recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as a Top 100 neurosurgery and spine program.