Restoring Lives for Children and Adults With Scoliosis
Norton Leatherman Spine is respected around the world as a leading provider of scoliosis treatment and the premier destination for patients in Louisville and Southern Indiana with curvature of the spine.
The pioneering work of Kenton D. Leatherman, M.D., in developing new approaches to treating scoliosis after World War II provides the foundation for today’s practice. Our orthopedic spine physicians are at the leading edge of innovative scoliosis care today.
Our specialists continue Dr. Leatherman’s devotion to advancing medical science to provide better outcomes with fewer side effects for patients.
Depending on the severity and type of scoliosis, our specialists will discuss options ranging from exercise treatment to bracing to surgery.
An International Reputation for Excellence
Norton Leatherman Spine has been a leader developing new techniques for scoliosis surgery. We have been at the forefront using neuromonitoring that can provide an early warning system during surgery to prevent neurological complications. We also have been leaders in the development of computer-assisted navigation that offers greater precision around critical structures of the spine.
Norton Leatherman Spine also is a leading U.S. center for Scoliosis Specific Exercise treatment, which seeks to avoid the need for brace treatment or surgery in appropriate patients.
Our history and our continued dedication to innovation means your doctor is uniquely trained and equipped to provide a precise diagnosis and outline a scoliosis treatment plan to restore your life and get you moving with less pain.
Patients travel from around the world to get the unique specialized care offered at Norton Leatherman Spine.
That’s because we treat thousands of adult and childhood scoliosis patients each year. We have the commitment and experience to give you a precise diagnosis and treat your condition so you can get back to living your life.
Our Surgeons Are Scoliosis Treatment Experts
Steven D. Glassman, M.D., followed in Dr. Leatherman’s footsteps, becoming president of the Scoliosis Research Society, the most prestigious organization for scoliosis surgeons around the world.
John R. Dimar, M.D., is the education council chair for the Scoliosis Research Society. In that position, he helps develop scoliosis education for surgeons around the world.
Rolando M. Puno, M.D., has expertise in the care of patients with neuromuscular scoliosis and myelomeningocele. For many years, he has operated a statewide clinic dedicated to the care of these complex deformities.
Making It Easy to Get Back to Your Life
- With six Norton Leatherman Spine locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana, we have specialists near you.
- We use minimally invasive procedures that can reduce recovery time and reduce the risk of complications.
- Sophisticated pain management aims to keep you comfortable and safe.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
About Norton Leatherman Spine
Norton Leatherman Spine in Louisville and Southern Indiana offers world-class care from surgeons who are recognized nationally and internationally for their innovation, expertise and skill. Norton Leatherman Spine is one of the premier research and education programs in the United States for spinal surgeons.
Our rich history traces back to Kenton D. Leatherman, M.D., who more than 50 years ago became the first orthopedic surgeon in Kentucky to specialize in spine care. A University of Louisville School of Medicine graduate, he developed leading-edge approaches to treating scoliosis after World War II.
- The board-certified and fellowship-trained specialists at Norton Leatherman Spine are among the most experienced in the country, treating conditions like yours for an average of 20 years.
- We have orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons providing care from our offices in downtown Louisville and surrounding counties.
- Our expert physicians pinpoint your diagnosis to come up with the right treatment plan, including surgical and non-surgical options as appropriate.
- We offer minimally invasive and robotic assisted procedures that carry less risk and can speed your recovery. Norton Leatherman Spine surgeons are actively involved in the development of next generation minimally invasive technologies.
- The expert physicians at Norton Leatherman are leaders in their field and train the next generation of specialists. More than 100 of the leading spine surgeons practicing throughout the U.S. today were trained at Norton Leatherman Spine.
- Techniques developed at Norton Leatherman Spine have produced better outcomes for patients with fewer side effects and are routinely performed around the world today.
- Our team peforms more than 4,000 surgeries a year and patients come to our providers more than 30,000 times a year.