Medical laboratory technician career opportunities at Norton Healthcare
Laboratory science professionals at Norton Healthcare are a valuable asset to our hospital teams and patients.
Positions within laboratory science at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical laboratory technician
- Medical technologist
- Pathology/histology technician
Medical laboratory technician tasks
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a medical laboratory technician include:
- Analyze the results of tests or experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using specialized mechanical or electrical devices.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients.
- Conduct chemical analysis of bodily fluids by using a microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and report findings to health care providers.
- Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
Education: Diploma in medical laboratory technician
Credentials: Medical laboratory technician
Contact us to set-up career coaching opportunities for this career field.
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story