Louisville’s Leader in Shoulder Replacement
Norton Orthopedic Institute is Louisville and Southern Indiana’s leading provider of treatment for shoulder pain and other orthopedic care. Our specialists take many approaches to treating shoulder pain.
We perform more shoulder replacement surgeries every year than any other health care provider in the Louisville area. That means we have the experience to know when shoulder replacement will alleviate your pain and when it won’t.
Ryan Krupp, M.D., medical director of Norton Sports Health, actively participates in clinical trials that can give patients access to new devices and shoulder implants. New technology like this is aimed at speeding your recovery from surgery. Our shoulder specialists are committed to developing leading-edge treatments that get you back to your life faster.
Our shoulder specialists are equipped with sophisticated imaging and other diagnostic tools to pinpoint the source of your shoulder pain. We’ll then offer a treatment and rehabilitation plan.
Depending on your condition, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory treatment may be required. Others may need surgery to make repairs or a shoulder replacement. Our skilled providers listen to you to understand how the diagnosis affects your life. Then they recommend the best treatment.
Leading Advancements in Nonsurgical and Surgical Care
Most sources of pain in bones and joints don’t require surgery. Norton Orthopedic Institute has providers specially trained in providing nonsurgical treatment as well as surgery to address your shoulder pain.
Nonsurgical orthopedic physicians can guide treatment and work with physical and occupational therapists to get you back to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
If the best treatment is surgery, our providers can expedite referral to an orthopedic surgeon.
Our providers perform thousands of shoulder replacements, reconstructive shoulder surgery and related procedures each year.
Our Sports Health Medicine team members have expertise in treating sports-related shoulder and elbow injuries. Whether your sport is CrossFit, baseball, aerial performance or you’re a coach who needs to stay active, you can get back to doing what you love.
Care That’s Focused on You
- Minimally invasive procedures can have you home quickly with less pain and faster recovery.
- Sophisticated pain management aims to keep you comfortable and safe.
- We have a deep commitment to getting you moving again and managing your pain so you can keep up with your physical therapy.
- Norton Joint Camp is a chance for you to learn about what to expect if you’re having shoulder replacement surgery. You’ll get help preparing yourself and your home for your recovery. You’ll learn ways to minimize pain and recover faster.
- With 30 orthopedic locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana, we have specialists near you.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.