Norton Leatherman Spine
Norton Leatherman Spine in Louisville and Southern Indiana offers world-class care from surgeons who are recognized nationally and internationally for their innovation, expertise and skill. Norton Leatherman Spine is one of the premier research and education programs in the United States for spinal surgeons.
Our rich history traces back to Kenton D. Leatherman, M.D., who more than 50 years ago became the first orthopedic surgeon in Kentucky to specialize in spine care. A University of Louisville School of Medicine graduate, he developed leading-edge approaches to treating scoliosis after World War II.
- The board-certified and fellowship-trained specialists at Norton Leatherman Spine are among the most experienced in the country, treating conditions like yours for an average of 20 years.
- We have orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons providing care from our offices in downtown Louisville and surrounding counties.
- Our physicians pinpoint your diagnosis to come up with the right treatment plan, including surgical and nonsurgical options as appropriate.
- We offer minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures that carry less risk and can speed your recovery. Norton Leatherman Spine surgeons are actively involved in the development of next generation minimally invasive technologies.
- The physicians at Norton Leatherman are leaders in their field and train the next generation of specialists. Norton Leatherman Spine’s physicians trained more than 100 of the leading spine surgeons practicing throughout the U.S. today.
- Techniques developed at Norton Leatherman Spine have produced better outcomes for patients with fewer side effects and are routinely performed around the world today.
- Our team performs more than 4,000 surgeries a year, and patients come to our providers more than 30,000 times a year.
Why choose Norton Leatherman Spine
“The Norton Leatherman Spine team has the experience and training to handle the most complex as well as seemingly straightforward spine problems. Our surgeons use years of experience, research and education to know when an operation is, or is not required.
Norton Leatherman Spine has always used a team approach to spine care, believing that a collaborative approach that leads to better care. Now, this team approach has been adopted at major spine centers across the country. Sophisticated expertise is a hallmark of Norton Leatherman Spine and explains why spine patients from around the world travel to Louisville for care.”
The physicians at Norton Leatherman Spine treat the full range of common back and neck conditions. We also treat more complex problems including scoliosis and other spinal deformities in children and adults.
We want you to be well informed about your condition. We provide detailed information and support through all phases of treatment to prepare you for an optimal recovery and return to activities.
Norton Leatherman Spine specialists use advanced diagnostic imaging capabilities and offer patients expertise at six state-of-the-art hospitals and outpatient facilities throughout Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story