We encourage the following for your safety:
- If you are uncomfortable walking to/from the parking lot on your hospital campus, the security team is available to escort you. Please do not hesitate to call the security office for your campus.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Eliminate distractions by staying unplugged from technology when walking and continually scanning your surroundings.
- Use the buddy system when entering and exiting the parking area on foot. Encourage your co-workers to park in the same area, if possible, and walk to and from work together.
- Have your keys out, be ready to open your car door and lock your door immediately when you get in.
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times, and keep valuables out of sight.
- Downtown employees: After 1 p.m., you may park at a garage closest to your place of work.