Sports Health and Medicine
Whether you consider yourself an athlete or someone who just wants to stay fit, Norton Sports Health can provide you with the care you need. From high school to professional, from older adults to weekend warriors, we care for sports-related injuries and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
- Norton Sports Health specialists are trained and experienced in caring for sports-related injuries and conditions.
- Our team includes orthopedists, neurologists, primary care physicians, certified athletic trainers and physical therapists.
- Our providers work together to offer advanced care for athletes and individuals of all ages.
- We design customized programs that meet your specific needs and help get you back to your active lifestyle.
- Our sports health specialists serve as medical directors for the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon/Marathon.
- We provide athletic trainers to high schools and colleges in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our experienced team’s primary areas of focus include:
Why choose Norton Sports Health
The quality of care at Norton Sports Health is second to none in the Louisville area. Our program is unique because we are able to address any athlete’s need through our multidisciplinary approach. We have surgeons who are trained in focused areas and sports physicians who provide precise diagnoses. Our team understands the value of top-quality care and seeks to contribute to the next generation of care through clinical trials, research and training.
The Norton Sports Health specialists treat a full range of conditions. Our multidisciplinary team offers services to meet the needs of athletes and active individuals of all ages.
From high school to college and beyond, from 5k’s to Ironman, Norton Sports Health works with community and national partners to keep you active.
Thomas M. Woodcock, M.D., came to Louisville in 1981 and was one of four founders of what is now Norton Cancer Institute. After almost 40 years as a medical oncologist, Dr. Woodcock plans to retire […]Read Full Story
Norton Healthcare’s five hospitals and Norton Cancer Institute have been named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for the second year in a row. Norton Healthcare was one of 406 facilities […]Read Full Story
March 2016 was a life-changing time for the Davis family. On March 23, Matt Davis and his wife, Hailey, celebrated the birth of their son, Finley. The next day, Matt learned he had a rare […]Read Full Story
The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health & Wellness announced Monday, Aug. 12, that mosquitoes found in one ZIP code of Jefferson County, Kentucky, are carrying West Nile virus. The affected ZIP code is 40215, […]Read Full Story