Exercise Testing Lab
Experts in Cardiopulmonary Stress Tests
Norton Pulmonary Specialists is a leader in pulmonary care for patients in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Since 1977 we have been at the forefront of testing and treatment for pulmonary conditions.
We prefer to run tests at our own facilities so we can ensure you get the most precise diagnosis possible. Our cardiopulmonary stress tests are conducted at Norton Hospital, where we have an exercise lab. Our team monitors your heart, lung and muscle function as you walk on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike.
Once testing is complete, our team has the data immediately to begin evaluation for treatment.
We have more than two dozen board-certified and fellowship-trained specialists. Your pulmonologist will use the test data to provide a diagnosis and work with you to formulate a customized treatment plan.
We’re With You Every Step of the Way
When you work with Norton Pulmonary Specialists, you have the support of an entire team of research specialists, physicians and medical professionals who work together to test, diagnose and treat your specific condition.
Our entire team is on the leading edge of the latest research studies and medical advancements, so we can offer our patients the newest treatment solutions.
When you choose to work with Norton Pulmonary Specialists, you choose an entire team who will work together to find your best treatment solutions.
With Norton Pulmonary Specialists, you’re connected to the comprehensive Norton Healthcare system, where we pull in the viewpoints of multiple specialists when necessary. A multidisciplinary approach means your case gets input from physicians with different experience and training.
Care That’s Convenient for You
- Our staff includes interventional pulmonologists who are trained and experienced in minimally invasive diagnostics and treatment.
- We have three Louisville locations: Norton Brownsboro Hospital campus, Newburg Road and Pleasure Ridge Park.
- We provide pulmonary care and respiratory management of critical care patients at all four Norton Healthcare adult-service hospitals: Norton Audubon Hospital, Norton Brownsboro Hospital, Norton Hospital and Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital.
- Norton Healthcare’s pulmonary rehabilitation program has three locations in Louisville and is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- We have an open line of communication with referring physicians, including pediatricians, to provide the most comprehensive care possible.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart
About Norton Pulmonary Specialists
The board-certified and fellowship-trained physicians with Norton Pulmonary Specialists, formerly Chest Medicine Associates, are leaders in caring for Louisville and Southern Indiana patients with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema and other lung diseases since 1977.
- More than two dozen board-certified and fellowship-trained physicians with extensive experience specialize in diagnosis and management of all forms of lung diseases and sleep disorders.
- The Norton Pulmonary Specialists team pursues leading-edge treatments as part of its pioneering heritage. Our specialists are investigators on many clinical trials that give patients access to the latest treatments.
- Norton Pulmonary Specialists is accredited by the American College of Chest Physicians, the American Thoracic Society, the American College of Physicians and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Our providers will give you a precise diagnosis and develop a customized treatment plan for your lung condition, so you can get back to living your best life.
- Your physician will work with you to develop a written asthma action plan to help you manage your symptoms.
Since she was a child, Jenni Haynes, P.T., CLT, wanted to adopt a baby girl from overseas. That dream became reality in April 2018. Jenni and her husband adopted a 2-year-old girl from China who […]Read Full Story
Postpartum anxiety symptoms are different from those of postpartum depression, and new moms can have one condition and not the other. They also can have both at the same time. Worrying about a new baby […]Read Full Story
Maureen Loftus, R.N., saw her childhood neighbor lying in the intensive care unit (ICU). His eyes were closed. A ventilator helped him with the breath that COVID-19 had taken away. He was alone in the […]Read Full Story