Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of lung cancer care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our lung cancer specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches to getting patients back to living their lives.
If you’ve been diagnosed with lung cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Innovative Lung Cancer Care Tailored for You
We use the latest equipment and procedures to make a precise diagnosis of your cancer.
We can evaluate masses painlessly with ultrasound or magnetic resonance imaging. Biopsies — extracting tissue and examining it — are another way to precisely diagnose your lung cancer.
Our advanced testing options will help your specialist determine a care plan that’s tailored for you based on the stage of your tumor and your treatment goals. Your comprehensive care team of physicians and other health care providers meets regularly to review your case and plan the next steps.
Your customized treatment plan may include surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, as well as targeted molecular therapies for certain subtypes of lung cancer.
Our state-of-the-art treatments include immunotherapy and biologic therapies that can provide a unique treatment designed specifically to combat the genetic makeup of your cancer.
In addition to our current leading-edge treatments, we offer our patients the opportunity to participate in innovative National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. These trials help to improve current cancer treatments, in addition to finding new and promising solutions.
Lung Cancer Care for the Whole Person
- Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient locations and multiple infusion centers in Louisville, surrounding counties and Southern Indiana. We have three radiation centers located just off major interstates with free self-service parking and valet parking.
- Our Comprehensive Lung Center allows you to see your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist, counselor, nutritionist and other members of your care team all in one visit.
- Customized treatments including the most advanced technology for every type of lung cancer.
- We have a dedicated lung cancer patient navigator to guide you through the treatment process. The navigator is a registered nurse and advocate for patients and families who can help coordinate scheduling to minimize your visits. The navigator provides information and support throughout your diagnosis, treatment and beyond.
- Five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana offer a variety of support services that address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses also are on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- Norton Cancer Institute is the first and only health system in Kentucky to become a GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer Center of Excellence in both care continuum and screenings. This designation reflects the use of:
- A patient-centric, collaborative care model that means patients can see an oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist, counselor, nutritionist and other members of their care team all in one visit
- The most effective diagnostic and therapeutic technologies and techniques available