You have a lot of options when it comes to how you’ll give birth. One of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing a health care professional to deliver your baby.
At Norton Healthcare, we believe in providing you with the care you want and the care you may need. Choosing a midwife for your care is becoming more and more popular — that’s why we employ certiﬁed nurse midwives (CNM), highly trained nurse practitioners who are board certiﬁed in midwifery.
Why Choose a Midwife?
Modern-day midwives provide care to women of all ages for obstetric and gynecological care. But their main focus is on women in their childbearing years, and may place an emphasis on natural childbirth without pain management or alternative birth plans. However, it’s a common misconception that midwives only oversee natural births. If you’re expecting and would like to use pain management such as epidural or nitrous oxide, you can still choose a midwife for your care.
What Can You Expect From a Midwife?
- A midwife gives holistic support during labor and natural childbirth.
- A midwife educates on family planning, pregnancy and birthing options.
- A midwife can work with you to create a birth plan that’s individualized for your needs.
- Certified nurse midwives can deliver babies.
- A midwife provides care to you after baby arrives, during all stages of your life, not just for your pregnancy.