Tax Benefits of Giving
Gifts to the Norton Healthcare Foundation offer tax benefits. You may designate your tax-deductible gift for a specific use or have it go to the area of greatest need.
Leave a Legacy
The Norton Healthcare Foundation has many opportunities for giving. You may give a gift in honor of your favorite doctor or nurse, in memory of a loved one, or to help a specific service, such as Norton Heart & Vascular Institute.
Learn more about planned giving opportunities that can minimize your taxes while still allowing you to leave an inheritance for your loved ones.
Why Should I Give to the Norton Healthcare Foundation?
- Norton Healthcare is not-for-profit and relies on the generosity of the community to support programs, hospital improvements and education. All money earned through services provided is reinvested in the organization. We do not have stocks; we don’t pay shareholders. Our board of directors is made up of volunteers from the community. All of the money comes back to the community in the form of health and wellness services.
- We want to make sure our hospitals stay up to date on medical advances and technology. Reimbursement from insurance may cover the cost of providing treatment but doesn’t cover the purchase of new equipment; services such as pastoral care to support patients and their families in times of emergencies and illness; or facility upgrades, such as providing comfortable waiting areas for patients and their families.
- Access to full-service health care is very important to a community’s quality of life. Having a full range of health services is important to the region’s economy as government leaders seek to attract new businesses and, in turn, those employers attract new employees.
- When you need medical care, you don’t want to have to travel hours to an unfamiliar city. The work of the foundation also helps ensure that when you need health care, it is available close to home.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more people for heart and vascular care — about 250,000 every year — than any other provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Norton Healthcare’s four adult-service hospitals are American College of Cardiology accredited Cycle VI Chest Pain Centers — the highest level of expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in Kentucky.
- Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association for being an innovator in creating a system of care for ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) heart attacks — the most severe type of heart attack.