Louisville’s Interventional Cardiology Leader
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of comprehensive lifesaving, minimally invasive heart procedures in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our board-certified and fellowship-trained interventional cardiologists treat people of all ages who have serious, sometimes life-threatening, cardiac conditions. We provide care for conditions as common as a bout of chest pain (angina), as well as more serious conditions such as heart attack (myocardial infarction) or an ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), the most severe form of a heart attack with a complete blockage in the heart.
Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association.
Learn more about our award winning regional STEMI network that provides care for patients across Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
Why Norton Heart & Vascular Institute for Your Care?
- Our experience, extensive training and state-of-the-art equipment mean we have the ability to deliver unsurpassed heart care that gets you back to your life quickly.
- Our interventional cardiologists are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques to restore blood flow to the heart, using the latest in catheters and other minimally invasive technologies that often do not require an overnight stay.
- Our team is dedicated to providing the latest treatment options focused on improving your quality of life. We remain at the forefront of the latest medical advancements and regularly rank high in key quality indicators.
- Our team performs more than 1,500 percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures a year to open a narrowed coronary artery, implant a stent, remove a blood clot or assess blood flow in the heart using catheter-based diagnostics.
- All four Norton Healthcare adult-service hospitals are recognized by the American College of Cardiology as designated Cycle VI Chest Pain Centers, having the highest level of expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- When needed, our team collaborates with Norton Heart & Vascular Institute cardiothoracic surgeons to provide surgical care, including heart bypass and valve replacement or repair.
- Our team carries on a history of innovation that includes the world’s second artificial heart transplant in 1984 at Norton Audubon Hospital.