Norton Heart & Vascular Institute’s comprehensive cardiology services
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of comprehensive cardiology care in Kentucky, Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our providers, who handled more than 4,000 heart cases in 2017, have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
Our specialists provide comprehensive cardiology care in close collaboration with other specialists throughout Norton Healthcare.
Our board-certified cardiologists have the skill and sophisticated tools to make a precise diagnosis that will guide a customized treatment plan tailored to your condition and needs.
Cardiology expertise close to home
Our team of cardiologists includes specialists in interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure and electrophysiology. The heart specialists work with cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons and other specialists to make sure each patient has access to the best care available.
Norton Heart Specialists is a team of more than 37 heart doctors and additional advanced-level providers. Our highly trained cardiologists and other specialists provide a full spectrum of cardiology care.
Our cardiology practices have more than a dozen locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. That means we can provide convenient diagnosis, treatment and long-term follow-up for a wide variety of cardiovascular conditions.
Our cardiologists are at the forefront of the latest heart treatments. If your condition requires surgery, our interventional cardiologists have expertise in minimally invasive procedures using the latest equipment that can have you home sooner and feeling more like yourself.
Our specialists have been able to replace the need for open-heart surgery in many cases with minimally invasive procedures. There are conditions, such as heart valve disorders, where an open-heart procedure may be the best option for you. Norton Cardiothoracic Surgery works closely with your cardiologist to create a long-term care plan following surgical repair.
Heart and vascular care for the whole person
The risk for cardiovascular disease and many heart conditions can be greatly improved by following a heart healthy lifestyle. Our cardiology team is focused on treating your heart but also working with you to create a comprehensive plan that provides recommendations and resources of how to best manage your heart care through lifestyle habits.
To help, we offer classes, events and support groups for patients and families. To register for any activity, call (502) 629-1234.
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center offers classes about once a week on topics ranging from tai chi to living a full life with heart failure.
- Circle of Hearts: A free education series from Norton’s Women’s Heart & Vascular Center dedicated to teach women about heart disease.
- WomenHeart: Trained heart disease survivors providing recovery plans for women with heart disease.
- Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation: Mild-exercise and education programs for patients struggling with respiratory ailments.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Norton Healthcare has been identified as one of the companies liked best by female workers in Forbes' second annual ranking of America's Best Employers for Women. This recognition [...]Read Full Story