Echocardiogram, EKG and other heart tests
Louisville’s leader in echocardiogram, nuclear cardiology imaging, EKG, cardiac PET and other heart tests
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of cardiovascular care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We use a full range of heart tests, such as vascular ultrasound, echocardiogram, stress testing, Holter monitoring, nuclear cardiology imaging and EKG to make a precise diagnose of your heart condition.
The board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists and advanced cardiac imaging specialists at Norton Heart & Vascular Institute have the skill and sophisticated tools to diagnose and understand your heart disease and customize a treatment plan for you.
Our specialists have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute provides a full range of cardiovascular testing at all four of our adult hospitals and two Norton Cardiovascular Diagnostic Centers. Staffed by a team of trained heart and vascular diagnostic specialists, we are committed to providing prompt, quality services that are convenient.
Expertise in cardiovascular diagnostics close to home
Your physician may order a variety of diagnostic tests and use the results to diagnose and monitor your heart condition.
- Echocardiogram: A noninvasive ultrasound of the heart that provides a visual image of the functioning of your heart and valves
- Stress echocardiogram: Combines ultrasound of the heart with a stress test using a treadmill or medication
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): A quick test that measures your heartbeat and heart rate by recording electrical activity through patches applied to the chest, arms and legs
- Holter monitoring: A 24- or 48-hour continuous EKG recorded by a belt – or shoulder-mounted monitoring unit and electrodes applied to the chest
- Exercise stress testing: Evaluates exercise tolerance and may include an EKG with the exercise, usually performed on a treadmill
- Vascular ultrasound: A noninvasive ultrasound used to examine the circulation in the blood vessels of the body to determine if the arteries have narrowed due to vascular disease
- Nuclear/PET cardiac imaging: Test that uses special cameras and radioactive tracers to image blood flow in the heart
Heart and vascular care for the whole person
We offer classes, events and support groups for patients and families. To make an appointment, call (502) 629-1234.
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center offers classes about once a week on topics ranging from tai chi to living a full life with heart failure.
- Circle of Hearts: A free education series dedicated to support and education for women with heart disease
- WomenHeart: Trained heart disease survivors providing recovery plans for women with heart disease
- Pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation:Medically supervised exercise and education programs for patients struggling with respiratory ailments and recovering from a cardiac event
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
Becker’s Healthcare has recognized Adam D. Kempf, Norton Healthcare senior vice president and chief financial officer, as one of the 106 hospital and health system CFOs to know in the nation. Those on the list play an integral […]Read Full Story
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story