Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana, a part of the Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center is dedicated to offering diagnosis and the most advanced treatments for people with Parkinson’s disease. Paired with clinical care and treatment, support provided through a dedicated patient navigator, the Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center and a collection of specialized Parkinson’s disease support resources creates a comprehensive program designed to support the patient and their family.
With treatment and support for the whole patient, not just the disease, Norton Neuroscience Institute is the choice of more patients for their neurological care than any other provider in Louisville or Southern Indiana.
Patient Resources and Support
Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana, a part of the Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center, , helps patients and their families with education and connects families to support resources to optimize quality of life for those living with Parkinson’s disease.
Cressman Neurological Rehabilitation
At Cressman Neurological Rehabilitation in Norton Medical Plaza I – Brownsboro, on the Norton Brownsboro Hospital campus, patients have support from some of the most advanced technology and specialized services in one location. The center’s team has the experience and training to help with gait, balance, strength, flexibility, speech, fine motor skills, swallowing, driving, cognition, vision and more.
Angela Condon, R.N.
Parkinson’s Patient Navigator
The journey for each person with Parkinson’s disease and their family is different and sometimes can be difficult to navigate. Norton Neuroscience Institute offers patients and their families support through a dedicated patient navigator who helps guide patients through their care journey and helps to connect them with resources and answer questions.
Patient navigators consult with you and your caregivers about medical and personal matters. Their services are free and available as often as you need them.
A patient navigator can:
- Educate you and your family members about your diagnosis, available treatments and ways to manage the disease.
- Help you take full advantage of a multidisciplinary team of health care providers who can offer their specialized insights as part of a coordinated approach to care.
- Assist with accurate and timely communication between you, your primary caregivers and your health care providers.
- Connect you and your family members with appropriate Norton Healthcare resources in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Identify and address any barriers to make sure you have access to high-quality care.
Sign up to receive the Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center email newsletter with updates on classes, events, and more!