Care That’s Focused on You
- We operate Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center — the area’s only center dedicated to helping you and your family navigate your lives after a stroke. The Norton Healthcare Foundation funds this important service, so patients don’t need to pay.
- We have dedicated patient navigators who can help with transportation, schedule follow-up appointments and confirm that you can afford prescriptions.
- We provide support groups and exercise classes, develop customized diet plans and can help with issues such as access to disability assistance, housing, and financial and employment advice.
- At Norton Neuroscience Institute, we want to help you get better as well as prevent you from getting sick in the first place. Get help quitting smoking and learn the signs of stroke
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
A Louisville Leader in Neurological Care
Norton Neuroscience Institute’s neurologists and neurosurgeons have the expertise and tools to provide care tailored to your needs.
More patients from Louisville and Southern Indiana seek treatment from Norton Neuroscience Institute’s nationally recognized neurologists and neurosurgeons than any other providers in the area.
- We have more than 75 medical, surgical and research specialists dedicated to providing innovative care to those with brain, spine and nervous system conditions.
- We use advanced, minimally invasive neurosurgery equipment that can speed your recovery and can minimize pain.
- Multidisciplinary clinics provide easy access to care for your neurological condition, with specialists in oncology, cardiology, orthopedics and behavioral health.
- Norton Brownsboro Hospital is recognized as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV Healthcare, representing the highest level of care.
- The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association certified Norton Audubon Hospital and Norton Hospital as Primary Stroke Centers and Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital.
- All four of Norton Healthcare’s adult-service hospitals have been nationally recognized for their quality of advanced stroke care by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines – Stroke Quality Achievement Awards. Norton Brownsboro Hospital received Gold Plus designation, and the others received Silver designations.
- Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center navigators help educate patients and their families about new diagnoses, available treatments and ways to manage their disease.
- Norton Neuroscience Institute’s multiple sclerosis (MS) program has been designated a Center for Comprehensive MS Care by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- We are listed on Becker’s Hospital Review as one of 100 great neurosurgery and spine programs.