The Norton Neuroscience Institute Memory Center provides evaluation and care for patients with symptoms of memory loss, which can include trouble learning new things, concentrating or making decisions that affect their everyday life.
With the largest team of board-certified and fellowship-trained specialists in the Louisville and Southern Indiana region, our team helps patients and their loved ones find the causes of memory issues, dementia and other brain disorders.
The Norton Neuroscience Institute Memory Center offers patients and families:
- A multidisciplinary team with members with multiple areas of expertise in one coordinated, convenient location
- Combined expertise from providers focused on memory care from specialists in neurology, geriatric medicine, geriatric psychiatry, neuropsychology, social work, pharmacy, speech and language pathology (SLP), physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT)
- A center focused on providing diagnosis of all forms of diseases of the brain affecting memory and treatment plans designed to provide care that follows and supports patients as their memory loss progresses and needs change
- Support services for the patient and their family through the Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Center
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Care
Treatment or management options include:
- Geriatric medicine
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Speech-language pathology