Unparalleled Rehabilitation Services
Norton Neurosciences & Spine Rehabilitation Center is dedicated to rehabilitating adults with neurological or spine injuries and disorders.
Our highly trained therapists use state-of-the-art technology and collaborate closely with referring physicians. We provide comprehensive physical, occupational and speech therapies to meet our patients’ unique needs.
We provide rehabilitation services for patients recovering from stroke or living with brain tumors, brain injuries, spine disorders and injuries, multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions. We also serve patients with Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy and movement disorders.
Progress Through Advanced Technology
The experienced providers at Norton Neurosciences & Spine Rehabilitation Center use state-of-the-art equipment and specialized programs developed exclusively for neurological and spine rehabilitation.
Our patients have access to some of the most advanced technology available to help with balance, muscle strength, independent mobility and more. Our specialized rehabilitation equipment includes:
- Body weight support training systems (Lokomat by Hocoma; TheraStride by Innoventor)
- Functional electronic stimulation bikes
- Wheelchair assessment tools
- Gait assessment tools
- Advanced foot drop systems
The Lokomat system is a treadmill with robotic technology that helps patients make walking movements while a harness relieves them of body weight. The innovative tool can help patients with severe paralysis or movement disorders.
The Lokomat can improve mobility for patients who have had a stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, or are living with multiple sclerosis or other neurological conditions. Our Lokomat system is one of only 70 in use nationwide and the only one in the Louisville area.
Our therapists and clinicians can assess progress by recording precise data about each patient’s progress. This allows our therapeutic specialists and the patient’s physician to track progress more accurately and adjust therapy if necessary.
Center for Independent Living
Norton Healthcare’s Center for Independent Living serves adults and children who need assistance with wheelchair positioning, mobility and function. Our wheelchair seating and positioning services can help new wheelchair users build a customized manual or power wheelchair. We also can modify an existing system to improve comfort and postural stability, and reduce fatigue.
Collaboration, Compassion and State-of-the-Art Care
- Our therapists and clinicians will work in collaboration with your physician to ensure you receive the best care possible. Your entire medical team will be aware of your therapy and progress.
- We blend comprehensive multidisciplinary care, research and services with compassion, hope and healing for the whole patient.
- A patient navigator can help you coordinate our comprehensive care and support services for yourself and your family.
- The Center for Independent Living uses advanced tools to optimize wheelchair positioning, mobility and function.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.