Louisville’s Arrhythmia Treatment Destination
As the area’s leading provider of cardiovascular treatment, Norton Heart & Vascular Institute and our four board-certified and fellowship-trained electrophysiologists are the destination for arrhythmia care in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our electrophysiology specialists have a deep commitment to innovation and advancing the science of heart care. That means they are constantly learning to provide leading-edge arrhythmia treatments and techniques.
The possibilities for arrhythmia treatment include medication, pacemaker, implantable cardiac defibrillator, cardiac ablation and surgery. With their specialized training, our team of electrophysiologists will use sophisticated equipment to pinpoint your diagnosis and tailor a plan to end your arrhythmia.
Electrophysiology Expertise to Fix Your Heart’s Wiring
Our specially trained electrophysiologists focus on the heart’s electrical system, which controls rhythm and performance. They each have at least 10 years of medical training, including three years beyond board-certified training in cardiology.
The American College of Cardiology has recognized Norton Audubon Hospital and Norton Hospital for their expertise and commitment to treating patients with atrial fibrillation, a common arrhythmia. The accreditation came with a special add-on to recognize the full suite of electrophysiology and surgical services we provide.
At our Heart Rhythm Center, we test the electrical activity of your heart to precisely location the source of an arrhythmia.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute has three state-of-the-art electrophysiology labs that use 3-D monitoring of your heart’s activity to catch any abnormalities. If your heart’s rhythm is off, it’s time to see a board-certified, fellowship-trained electrophysiologist.
In addition to our four electrophysiologists, the team is staffed with two board-certified electrophysiology nurse practitioners, one board-certified electrophysiology physician assistant, 10 device clinicians and four medical assistants.
The team works with each patient to create a custom plan to diagnose, manage and eliminate heart arrhythmias.
Heart Rhythm Center electrophysiologists work closely with Norton Cardiothoracic Surgery to offer the latest in surgical correction for heart arrhythmias. Learn more about the Heart Rhythm Center.
Heart and Vascular Care for the Whole Person
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers patient resources to support you and your family, including free classes for men and women of all ages seeking to improve cardiovascular health or living with a heart condition.
Our cardiac rehabilitation providers are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques that can help you recover and resume your life.
The group provides education and support to men and women after a heart attack, living with a heart condition or at risk for cardiovascular disease.
Prevention is the best way to manage heart disease, and screenings are available to detect early signs of cardiac and vascular disease and identify risk factors.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers classes about once a week on a broad range of heart health topics including cooking classes, atrial fibrillation (A-fib) and heart failure education workshops, and more.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more people for heart and vascular care — about 250,000 every year — than any other provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Norton Healthcare’s four adult-service hospitals are American College of Cardiology accredited Cycle VI Chest Pain Centers — the highest level of expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in Kentucky.
- Norton Healthcare is the only health care system in Kentucky to receive the prestigious Mission Lifeline: Regional Trailblazer Award from the American Heart Association for being an innovator in creating a system of care for ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) heart attacks — the most severe type of heart attack.