Arrhythmia treatment – electrophysiology
Louisville’s arrhythmia treatment destination
As the area’s leading provider of cardiovascular treatment, Norton Heart & Vascular Institute and our four board-certified and fellowship-trained electrophysiologists are the destination for arrhythmia care in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our electrophysiology specialists have a deep commitment to innovation and advancing the science of heart care. That means they are constantly learning to provide leading-edge arrhythmia treatments and techniques.
The possibilities for arrhythmia treatment include medication, pacemaker, implantable cardiac defibrillator, cardiac ablation and surgery. With their specialized training, our team of electrophysiologists will use sophisticated equipment to pinpoint your diagnosis and tailor a plan to end your arrhythmia.
Electrophysiology expertise to fix your heart’s wiring
Our specially trained electrophysiologists focus on the heart’s electrical system, which controls rhythm and performance. They each have at least 10 years of medical training, including three years beyond board-certified training in cardiology.
The American College of Cardiology has recognized Norton Audubon Hospital and Norton Hospital for their expertise and commitment to treating patients with atrial fibrillation, a common arrhythmia. The accreditation came with a special add-on to recognize the full suite of electrophysiology and surgical services we provide.
At our Heart Rhythm Center, we test the electrical activity of your heart to precisely location the source of an arrhythmia.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute has three state-of-the-art electrophysiology labs that use 3-D monitoring of your heart’s activity to catch any abnormalities. If your heart’s rhythm is off, it’s time to see a board-certified, fellowship-trained electrophysiologist.
In addition to our four electrophysiologists, the team is staffed with two board-certified electrophysiology nurse practitioners, one board-certified electrophysiology physician assistant, 10 device clinicians and four medical assistants.
The team works with each patient to create a custom plan to diagnose, manage and eliminate heart arrhythmias.
Heart Rhythm Center electrophysiologists work closely with Norton Cardiothoracic Surgery to offer the latest in surgical correction for heart arrhythmias. Learn more about the Heart Rhythm Center.
Heart and vascular care for the whole person
We offer classes, events and support groups for patients and families. We also want to keep you from getting sick, so we offer a range of vascular screenings.
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers classes about once a week on topics ranging from tai chi to living a full life with heart failure.
- Vascular Support: Services and additional treatments for patients with any type of vascular condition.
- WomenHeart: Trained heart disease survivors providing recovery plans for women with heart disease.
- Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation: Mild-exercise and education programs for patients struggling with respiratory ailments.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
Becker’s Healthcare has recognized Adam D. Kempf, Norton Healthcare senior vice president and chief financial officer, as one of the 106 hospital and health system CFOs to know in the nation. Those on the list play an integral […]Read Full Story
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story